Chapter 36

This is a hella long chapter. More than 3,700 words.

Alexa POV

The thoughts from last night resurface in my mind as I blink awake the next morning. My head rests on Leo’s plastron, which isn't as hard as you would think. He still is sound asleep when I gaze up at his face. I stroke his cheek with the back of my index finger, not too hard to stir him awake, but enough to comfort him.

A pan clattering to the ground jolts both me and Leo fully awake. I scoot over so I’m not on him when he props himself up. He blinks around the room wildly, scanning for the source of the noise. When he spots me, he smiles and kisses my forehead. “Good morning, irresistible.”

The way he rubs his eyes while saying that in a sleepy tone makes my heart gush. He’s so cute. “Good morning handsome.”

Low, talking voices alert us of other presence in the lair. My heart skips a beat. We have yet to show them about what happened last night. Not about the more personal stuff, but about the proposal.

“C’mon, I want to show them,” I squeal, gesturing to my ring finger.

“Aww, do we have to? I’d rather just stay in bed all day-“ whatever he was going to say was cut off by me gripping his arm and pulling him out of bed.

Before he can think about crawling back into bed, I hastily slip on my slippers and robe, and drag him to the kitchen with me.

We enter, hand in hand. A wide smile is plastered on my face while I try to cease my jumping up and down, but to no avail. Mikey turns away from the stove, with a frying pan in his hand, while Raph and Donnie sit at the island with empty plates awaiting food. All pairs of eyes staring at us are wide with confusion, except for Mikey, who smiles gleefully.

“Hey, did you two finally make up?” Raph asks, breaking the silence.

I stop jumping. My smile lessens once the memories of the fight we had rushes back to me. With all that’s happened in the past 18 hours, I’ve completely forgotten about it all.

I notice that everyone, including Leo, is staring at me, so I take a deep breath, and say, “never mind that,” I direct my attention towards Leo, “we’ve got bigger news.”

Mikey’s smile widens with mine.

“Look!” I shout. My hand flies in front of me so everyone in the room has a clear view of the ring that shimmers in the light that’s hanging above our heads. Raph and Donnie lean on the ends of their seats, craning their necks to see, while Mikey sprints over to me and grabs my hand gingerly. He fingers the ring with wide eyes; his lips curl into a smile. “Awww,” he drags on. “You two are engaged! I can’t wait for the wedding... and the cake!”

“Woah, Leo, you finally made the big move, congrats man,” Raph lightly punches Leo in the arm, also earning an approving smile.

“Congratulations, you two! Have you discussed wedding plans?” Donnie asks with a smile.

I glance at Leo, who glances back. “No, now that you mention it, we haven’t. After he proposed, we didn’t think of any plans afterwards...” my voice trails off. I don’t even have to mention any of the more private details of the events last night for my cheeks to feel like they’re on fire.

“You’re blushing,” Mikey blurts, in which Raph socks him in the arm.

I slap my cheek to see if the heat I feel inside is also the same as the heat I feel outside. It is.

“We had an eventful night last night, I have to admit that. But it is our own business. I don’t want any more talk of this. The topic is over.” Leo steps in by putting a hand on my shoulder and leading me to sit at the island.