Chapter 25

Raph POV

Leo screaming. That was the only thing anyone could hear. It was blood curdling and I couldn't see what his facial expression was, but I bet it was nothing near anything good. My heart broke watching him and Alexa. They both had their backs facing us, but Shredder was laughing evilly. My fists clenched to my sides, but I couldn't find myself running at him, not yet at least. I didn't want to disturb Alexa, who now had fallen to her knees on the ground. She was clutching her stomach, while Leo wrapped his arms around her, shielding her body with his from any more blows Shredder wanted to unleash on her. He was mumbling things to her. I couldn't make out what he was saying, but I think he only wanted her to hear. My vision started to blur, making me start blinking rapidly.

Was I really crying?

Yes, yes I was. Alexa is practically my sister. Just like Leo, I would break down inside if we ever lost her, temporarily and permanently. Even though we have only known her for about 7 - 8 months, I feel like she has become a big part of our family. We've all been through a lot and we know she has had a rough past, with her mother and everything along those lines.

When my eyes refocused, Shredder had vanished. I was somewhat relieved and still somewhat angry for all he's done. My eyes scanned our surroundings, making sure there was no more Footbots coming or if Shredder was still lurking somewhere in the shadows.

"No... No... please," Leo breathed, in between sniffles and sobs.

Him and Alexa were still both on the ground. He had his arms hugging her so tightly it looked like she was going to burst, but she didn't seem fazed by any of it. In fact, she looked more in shock than any other emotion that showed on her pale face at the moment.

Her eyes were wide as she mouthed something. Leo's head shot up and he strained his neck to hear what she was saying. "What? What did you say baby?"

His voice came out more relaxed than I thought. He was practically balling his eyes out only a few minutes before.

She mouthed it again, her eyes still trained on the ground in front of her. Whatever she said, made Leo smile and suddenly kiss her gently on the cheek. I sensed Mikey shift on his feet, clearly uncomfortable. "Umm, what's going on? Why aren't you doing anything?"

I looked at him, and saw that his question was directed towards Donnie. Donnie opened his mouth to speak, but Leo's quiet voice spoke before. "No..."

We turned our attention back to the couple sitting on the ground. Leo, who had had his face in Alexa's hair, was now looking up at us with a pair of bloodshot eyes. "She said she doesn't want to go anywhere.. Please don't make her move somewhere else... She said she just wants peace."

I heard Donnie scoff beside me. "Are you crazy? We have to take her back to my lab so I can hopefully get her fixed." Then he came closer to Leo and bent over so he was at eye level with him, "Leo, she might just be in shock, so therefore she might not know what she is saying."

Leo's eyes looked darker than just a second ago. He looked like he was ready to lunge at Donnie. Donnie held up his hands and backed away.