Chapter 26

Alexa POV

"So what did you want to talk about?" Leo places his hand on my thigh as we all gather around the pit.

"Well..." I start but don't know the right words to say. I'm having a mental debate occuring in my head right at the moment because I don't know how I want to say this without getting them too worked up. Well, honestly, I have no idea how they'll react. "I feel like I'm a burden to you."

Right as the words came out of my mouth, my eyes dropped to my lap. I was ashamed at feeling this way and I'm ashamed at saying this to them. This is something I should've kept to myself, but I didn't think. Again.

I look up and see everyone staring at me, befuddledly. My eyes snap to Leo who is sitting right next to me.

"What?" he shakes his head. "Why would you think that?"

The look on his face breaks my heart. He looks shocked and truly hurt. I hope I have enough reasons to back this statement up. I hope I didn't throw myself in a sticky situation by speaking my mind like this to them.

I take a deep breath and exale slowly. "I heard your conversation on the roof after I got stabbed..." my eyes scan their faces, then I focus on a spot on the ground. "I heard how you were fussing over me and I didn't really approve of that."

I mentally facepalm at my choice of words. I didn't really approve of that...

Really!?

I shake my head. "What I meant to say was... I don't like how you guys are always being held back by me. I feel like... I don't even know what I feel like, but I know I don't like it. I heard what you were saying, like... UGH!" I stand up suddenly and walk away from them all. I push past Raph and pace back and forth in front of the paused TV.

"Alexa, baby, its fine, I don't get why you're so worked up over this," Leo tries to comfort me. He stood up after me and is now walking towards me.

I run my hands through my hair and let out a sigh. "I have no idea either, I just feel like you guys spend so much time thinking about me and making sure I'm okay that you don't have any fun in your lives anymore!"

I didn't realize how loud my voice was getting until Mikey was flinching at my every word. Why did I have to do this? I was obviously rambling now about random stuff that isn't relevant anymore.

"I should stop talking right now, I sound so stupid," I say already walking towards my room, but I feel a hand lay on my hand and it stops me before I can make any distance between us. I whirl around and am face to face with Leo.

"I want you to know that what you think is wrong," he says so nonchalantly. He isn't feeling any remorse for what's coming out of his mouth, and I don't stop him.

Has hand slides slowly up my arm, giving me goosebumps on the spot. "None of us feel that way, and we are having fun! Ever since you've come into our lives, my life, you've done such wonderful things that all we can think of is being happy and having fun!" he is giving me his Colgate white smile right now and I can't help but smile back at his kind words. He doesn't look like he's going to be stopping anytime soon, so I let him continue.