Chapter 20

Alexa POV

Leo kept me from going to school on the next Monday after the whole party incident occured. He said he wanted to get April to get the school's permission in letting me change lockers, away from Ross. I was grateful he was looking out for me that much. Just goes to show how wonderful of a boyfriend he is. I truely loved him. And he truely loved me.

Now, it was Tuesday, and so I had to go back to school cause I didn't want to miss anymore work. I had memorized my new locker number and combination the night before after April came home saying how the school said I could switch lockers. Now, my locker was on the opposite side of the building. I would have to walk a little extra to get to my classes, but it was worth it. I'll do anything to get away from Ross.

Thinking of him put a frown on my face. I shook my head at the thought of him and made my way to the new hallway where my locker was located. This part of the building was clearly the newer add on they made because of the bright white lights above me and the freshly painted brick walls in it. There was also less people in the hallway, which was an advantage.

I swung my locker open and started placing my books on the shelves and my bookbag on the hanger. Once I was done, I checked my T-Phone that Leo gave me a while back for the time so I knew how long I needed to take to get to class on time. I had only about 3 minutes, so I shrugged and closed my locker. I had my home room supplies under my arm so I could carry both them and the crutch I had for my left side. I was able to get rid of these god awful crutches and cast in about a month. Donnie said that if everything goes smoothly until then that it would be an easy procedure to get it off. That made me sigh of relief.

After I took a few more steps down the new hallway, I realized I was completely alone. Even though there was not many people whose lockers were located in this part of the school, you would think there would be at least one other person with me. Nope. I started hurrying to get to class. I've never been a big fan of wide, open, empty hallways. After seeing The Shining, I've never liked empty hallways.

I heard some footsteps behind me. Before I could turn around quick enough, I felt someone gently touch my shoulder to whirl me around themselves. A horrified look swept over my face at the sight of the person.

Standing only a couple feet away from me was none other than Ross. The distance between me and him was increasing with every step I took. I thought he was going to say something first, but I guess it had to be me. "What are you doing here?"

He reached out an arm to touch me, but I leaned away from it. He slowly brought it back by his side when he saw me move further away from him. "I wanted to tell you how sorry I was..."

He shifted uncomfortably on his feet. He looked at the floor and then back up into my eyes, "I was drunk and was being a jerk, I wasn't trying to intentionally hurt you."

He looked genuinely hurt, but I didn't forgive and forget that easily. "I don't want anything to do with you anymore..." I turned away so I wasn't facing him anymore, but then turned my head back only, "if you really are sorry then you'll respect my decision and leave me alone. Can you do that?"

He nodded slightly, "yes."

"Okay then. Goodbye Ross," I said, not giving him a second thought.