Chapter 32

Leo POV

What is wrong with me? Why did I have to yell at her? Why did I have to cuss at her?

Because I’m a mistake, that’s why. I am the problem.

I was too shocked and caught up with the fact that I screwed up that I didn’t even run after her on the rooftops. She leapt from the edge and that was the last I saw of her.

“Dude! What was that?!” Raph’s footsteps sound like thunderclaps from behind me. My fists clench tighter at my sides. I’m already in a fragile, weakened state. I don’t need him scolding me because I already know what I did was wrong. So wrong.

I don’t respond, or even acknowledge what he’s saying. My eyes are fixed on the spot where I last saw her. I hope she doesn’t do anything she’s going to regret in the future.

Fed up with me not giving him a response sooner, Raphael latches a rough hand on my shoulder and jerks it to the side, so I’m facing him only half way. He gives me a hard glare, while I only stare at him back mindlessly. “Go on, tell me I’m stupid.” My eyes shift down to the ground.

When he doesn’t respond with arguing, I look up at him to see if he’s still there. He is, but he only looks like he’s pondering on what to do to me.

“What you need to do is give her some space,” he crosses his arms.

That was not the answer I was expecting.

“But I always thought-“

“Well you thought wrong fearless.”

I frowned, not because of his interruption, but because of my stupidity. Why? I keep repeating over and over again in my head.

“How much time?”

“Depends.” He says. “Could be a few hours, or could be a few days...”

My eyes nearly pop out of their sockets. If I had a glass of something, I would’ve surely spit it out.

“Few days?” my voice cracks, sounding somewhat squeaky.

“Depends,” is all he says.

“What do I do now?” I ask.

Unexpectedly, his head tips back in laughter and I think of slapping him right then and there. Instead, I frown and cross my arms, awaiting his fit of giggles to come to a conclusion.

“Wow, Fearless, I never thought you could be this clueless with a relationship,” he is still wiping away imaginary tears (just to ridicule me) and my fists clench back into balls again.

“Ok Raph, that’s enough playtime, now tell me what I should do,” I give him my best death glare, and it seems to do the trick, because he stands up straight and becomes serious.