Chapter 31

((It’s my story I can write what I want to!))

*3 YEARS LATER*

Alexa POV

We are all 19 now. April and I graduated high school about a year ago. She has taken on the role of the news reporter for Channel 6 News. She loves searching for the best story to tell in New York and I’m happy for her. With the money she saved up over the years and from the money from her job (she got 8 months ago), she was able to rent a small apartment. I go to visit her a lot and it’s grown to become my home away from home.

I’m still jobless.

It’s not that I’m lazy; I just haven’t found something I want to do yet. Leo and I have gotten really close though. I don’t need an apartment because the lair is my home. When I’m not topside searching for a job opening, I’m in the sewers cuddling with Leo. It’s quite the life.

Ross became a drug dealer. Sadly, right before graduation, I found him in an alley with rags for clothes. I slapped him when he said, “hey, Alexa, you want some drugs? I got plenty.” I stormed off and never seen or heard from him again. When he didn’t show up at graduation, I knew he was gone for good.

As for the rest of us, nothing has really changed. Shredder is still our mortal enemy, and the Kraang haven’t given up trying to destroy mankind, even though we defeat them everytime. And we still train to better ourselves, so that hopefully one day, we will be able to put an end to our enemies. Once and for all.

“Oh no! Guys, we have trouble!” Donnie’s voice sounded throughout the lair.

Leo and I were lying together on the couch, watching TV, when a series of loud beeps interrupted our silence. We jumped up off the couch and scrambled towards the source.

“What is it Donnie?” Leo asked, rushing into the lab right beside me.

The Kraang communication orb (that still somehow worked) was flashing and making strange noises on the lab table, sitting right next to Donnie’s computer. I can’t remember the last time that thing was up and functioning. It’d been quiet for a couple years, at least, and now all of a sudden it’s going off like an alarm.

“The Kraang,” Donnie stated obviously. “The orb is going off and I’m still trying to locate where the message is being transmitted from.”

His fingers darted across the keyboard in a hasty manner. His tongue was partially sticking out of his closed mouth and his eyes had narrowed to tiny slits, as he examined whatever was on his computer screen.

He opened his mouth to say something, but then he closed it and pressed his mouth into a hard line. “This isn’t any Kraang mission.” He crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat.

“What do you mean?” Raph asked.

“It implies that we are gonna have to go to Dimension X for this one,” he had a serious look on his face as he stared at the computer screen with wide eyes.