Chapter 35

Alexa POV

Yes.

There are really no other words needed.

I scream “YES” a thousand times and jump into his arms. His arms engulf me in an embrace that takes all the bleak feelings of the chilly November night away. The tears that were once rolling down my cheeks are now coating his shell. I giggle and wipe them dry with my sleeve. I nuzzle my head deeper into the crook of his neck and close my eyes, savoring this moment that I wish could last for eternity.

Leo seems to get the same message because his grip around my torso never falters; it seems to get stronger, if that’s even possible.

A warm, intense feeling of completion and satisfaction washes over me like a river over stone. Another round of tears is already blurring my vision before I can stop them. My rapid racing heart matches his. I think I speak for both of us when I say I have an adrenaline rush right about now. We most definitely will be a mess when we get back to the lair.

After long seconds of debating whether I should end the hug now or later, I finally pull away. He too, is teary-eyed.

He takes my hand gently and slips the jewelry on the designated finger, specially named for the ring. The way the moonlight catches it makes it sparkle like I’ve never seen before. It is a stunning blue gem in the center of a silver band that wraps around my finger. It fits perfectly and I can’t help but stare at it in pure awe. My gaze flickers back up to Leo, who I find is already smiling down at me.

“You will be a beautiful wife,” he slides his palms over my elbows so he has me locked in place right beside him.

“And you will be a handsome husband,” I giggle, my cheeks heating up over his statement.

His gaze flickers up to the night sky. It is so clear that only stars are visible in its midst.

“We should probably be getting back, it’s getting chillier by the second,” he says.

I shiver. “Oh, I hadn’t even noticed because your warmth was making all the cold and dark memories go away. You make even the darkest holes vanish.”

With that said, he doesn’t waste a moment when he crashes his lips to mine. He must’ve noticed my slight stumble because his hand is on the small of my back immediately. I wrap my arms around his neck and savor this blissful moment of his lips on mine. His hand picks up my thigh and cradles it while I wrap my other leg around his waist. In a split second, my back hits something rough and my guess is it’s a tree trunk. This makes my insides stir with a fiery excitement that I don’t recall I’ve ever felt before. A soft moan escapes my lips and I can feel him grinning on my mouth.

We both need air soon; I know that, but I don’t think we can muster up the strength to separate quite yet. I need him and he needs me. Our love is unstoppable.

“Now, we should be getting back, it’s really late,” Leo breathes.