Chapter 30

Leo POV

They were laughing.

Correction, they were laughing. Together.

Double correction, they were laughing and having fun. Together.

It wasn’t the fact that she was having fun. It was the fact that he was making her laugh and have a good time. That should be me, not him.

When she hopped back up to the roof, I tried my hardest to smile and act like I wasn’t totally jealous, but it was tough. Even if she did notice it was difficult for me to act happy, she didn’t say anything.

“That wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be,” she smiled triumphantly and put both hands on her hips.

“Yeah,” I rubbed the back of my neck, “you seemed to be enjoying yourself down there.”

The smile slowly faded from her face and I instantly know I did something wrong.

“What is it? Why are you acting like that?” she questions.

“What? Oh, nothing, I just... Nothing, it’s stupid,” I shook my head, averting my eyes from her. God, can this get anymore uncomfortable? I certainly did not want to tell her I was jealous of him.

“It’s not stupid, c’mon, tell me,” she laid a gentle hand on my shoulder.

“I guess I was sort of... jealous that he was making you happy, and I wasn’t,” I refused to look at her.

When she didn’t respond after a few seconds, I gazed at her. She had a confused look on her face.

“What? You were jealous of Ross?”

I nod, slowly.

She smacks her forehead with her hand. “Leo, don’t be jealous of him. You make me have such a better time when I’m with you then him. You have that special spot in my heart that nobody else can, you know that don’t you?”

“Yes, but-“

“So don’t feel that way. I’m always way happier than that whenever I even look at you! I always get butterflies in my stomach whenever we make eye contact! That’s the effect you have on me,” she wraps her arms around my neck and rests her forehead against mine. My arms wrap around her waist and pull her torso closer to mine.

I’m dying for her. The loss of contact with her has been too long for me to handle. I swear this girl does things to me that I never thought was possible. I always knew that missing someone was possible, but this is more than just missing her when she’s gone, this is need. I close the gap of space between our mouths and savor every moment. I can taste the mint toothpaste that she uses as I slide my tongue in her mouth. Her full lips move magically over mine. I can now see why I become jealous of Ross. He is human and can be seen with her in public. If she had never met me and met him instead, she could actually have a good, working relationship with him. They could go on dates together to the movies, or out to a nice restaurant with him, while I never can do any of those things with her. I just guess it would be nice to be human, that’s all.

But I know that will never happen, so why get my spirits up?

***

Darkness. That’s all this unknown place contains. When I close my eyes, it shows black, and then when I reopen my eyes, it stays the same. I try to look around, to locate where I’m at, but it’s no use. It’s too dark.

I remember falling asleep right next to Alexa. She had her arms wrapped around me, while I rested my chin on top of her head.

Now I’m here.