Chapter 19

Alexa POV

"You are not leaving that easily," he leaned closer to me. I could smell the alcohol lingering on his breath as he spoke. "C'mon, just have one cup, that's all."

I put my hands on his chest and pushed him roughly off of me, "no!"

He stumbled back into the crowd. The boy that was standing on the perimeter of the crowd blocked Ross from falling backwards. Ross stood straight up again and started walking towards me again.

Before thinking, I lifted a crutch off the ground and whacked him with it!

It hit him in the arm, forcing him to stumble to the side. He rubbed his arm, before glaring daggers at me.

"You b****!" he bellowed and my eyes widened.

"April, go!" I glanced behind me as April whipped the door open.

I turned as fast as I could. I didn't take one look back at the house once I stepped through the door. April wrapped an arm around my waist and nearly carried me down the steps. I guess adrenaline took over at that point because there was no way she could've done that, that fast without dropping me.

"Let's get out of here!" I yelled as we fast walked through his front yard.

Curse this leg! I groaned loudly as I tried picking up my pace to be at the same speed as April in front of me, but I couldn't. All I could do was keep going.

"Get them!" Ross' loud voice could be heard from behind us.

As much as I wanted to look back and see what was happening from behind us, I kept my eyes trained on the distance in front of us.

Another couple seconds of running passed by and I started hearing pounding footsteps behind me.

"You're not getting away this time Alexa," Ross said darkly behind me.

My stomach churned as I already knew I was a goner. I felt a hand grab my hair from behind. He yanked on it so hard that I'm sure my scalp will be bruised later on. I whimpered as the force made me stop in my tracks. He pulled me backwards. I tried clawing at the air as I landed on my butt. Thankfully, I didn't bend my leg too much.

Once I was well on the ground, Ross flipped his body over onto me, so he was straddling me. He put all his weight on me, so the air was knocked from my lungs. I tried slapping and smacking him, but to no avail, he pinned my wrists on the ground above my head.

"Ross, stop, please," I whimpered. I knew he was drunk, I could smell the alcohol on him, so I'm sure his messed up state of mind was making him do this.

He didn't reply as he gave me an evil grin. He glanced behind him at what I'm guessing was my casted leg, and suddenly shifted lower on my body. I looked at him with apprehension as he hooked his foot around my broken leg. Then he leaned back so half of his weight was being pressed down on it. I couldn't contain my scream that was already rising in my throat.