Epilogue Part 2

Virgil had finally relaxed around Dane who had proven himself a hard worker and a good person. Worthy of Molly. Dane and Molly had marked each other a little less than a week later after that. Dane had explained that his pack had been whipped out by rogues, and was later added to be a part of the pack. Now almost five years later they were soon expecting. 

Roman and Virgil decided that meant it was a good time to start on their plan. Leaving Logan temporarily in charge until their return they set out. They traveled around the country, with permission of the packs of course in serch. 

What were they looking for?

They were going from orphanage to orphanage looking. They were looking for anyone like Vrgil. Someone that was for some reason left behind. They had decided that they didn’t want anyone to go through what Virgil had. After nearly half a year of travel and searching they came up empty. The two of them were running through the woods somewhere near the Canadian border when smoke filled their nostrils. It also smelled of rotting trash. 

They looked at each other before speaking at the same time through the mind link.

‘Rogues!’

They had heard of this group of rogues who had been building in power. It made no sense. They were incapable of working together and yet….

They ran to the smell but when they got there all they found was carnage. Bodies littered the area as flames rose around them. They were far too late. They were about to leave when their super hearing heard sofft cries for help. 

They followed the sound until they found a woman who had a large gash on her head that was bleeding profusely, and another wound on her abdomen that was bleeding out. She saw the two wolves approaching and whimpered. Pulling a small bundle closer to her chest. 

Virgil quickly shifted to his human form and cautiously approached her. Roman stood guard. 

“Hey, hey it’s okay. I might be able to help.” Virgil held his hand up and tried to concentrate. He tried to summon the power he had used on Molly all those years ago, but while he had grown adept at his powers. He had yet to figure out how he saved Molly. 

The woman was fading quickly and Virgil didn’t know what to do.

“You are a kind man.” She said as she watched his eyes glow softly as he tried to help her. “I- I’m not going to survive this…”

She said tears coming from her face. She looked down at the bundle in her arms. She pushed herself up and pushed the bundle into Virgil’s arms. 

“N-no I’m going to help you! Just give me a minute! I’ll figure this out!” He said desperately. Not sure why she had just given him a heavy blanket.

The woman smiled tears still coming down her eyes, 

“His name is Thomas. Take care of him for me.”

Those were her last words before Virgil saw the light leave her eyes. 

He looked down as the bundle in his arms wiggled and the blanket shifted to reveal a little babies face. 

Virgil sighed, and stood up walking to Roman who quickly shifted. 

“We wanted a kid.” Roman stated grimly. 

“Not like this! I could have saved her!” Virgil cried holding the boy. 

“You tried the best you could. Now we have to try for him.” Roman said pulling the blanket back more so he could get a better look at the tiny creature. 

Virgil was crying hard now. The boy in his arms frowned hard before wiggling his arm out of the blanket. He reached his tiny hand up and touched Virgil’s face. Making tiny baby babble. Virgil let out a wet laugh. 

“Are you trying to cheer me up?” He said surprised. 

The boy made a happy noise which Virgil took as a yes. 

Virgil looked at Roman, a slim smile on his face. 

“I guess let's take Thomas home."