Chapter 29

A few days had past and Molly had yet to come back from the woods. They only knew that she was still there was because her sent was close to the pack house. 

    Logan had been avoiding Virgil since he told everyone about his past. A choice he was starting to regret deeply, because it was the catalyst for all of this. He was so sick and tired of all of this. He couldn’t understand any of what was happening around him. 

    One day he asked Roman a question, “Roman is it a normal werewolf thing to control fire?” 

    Roman shook his head. “No it isn’t normal. The only thing I had ever heard of that was even similar to that would be legends and myths. The person who would know more about it would be Logan he is the brainiac. We should ask him about it.” 

    “Logan has been avoiding me lately. I’m not sure why.” Virgil stated. 

“I suppose then I’ll go talk to him. I let you know what he says.” Roman said heading off to Logan’s room to talk. 

Virgil walked outside and sat down on the porch. He picked at the peeling wood as he stared off into the woods in thought. He had been there for a while before he stood up and marched straight into the forest. If Molly wasn’t going to come out then he was going in. He shifted into his wolf and let his instincts take over. He followed her sent easily enough. He found her in her human form sitting halfway up a tree. Her back against the trunk and her knees pulled to her chest. She lifted her head slightly when a new sent entered the area. 

She huffed and buried her face in her knees. “Go away VIrgil!” 

Virgil shifted into his human form. “Molly can we just talk. I just want to understand.” 

Molly sighed before she swung her legs over the branch and jumped down about a two story drop. Landing about a foot from Virgil. Virgil jumped back in surprise before composing himself. 

“Why should we talk? If your just a ‘job’ that I shouldn’t care about, then what's the point? Because that’s the conclusion you so easily jumped to.” She spat venomously, but there was obvious hurt in her eyes. 
“Molly, I’m sorry.” Virgil said feeling guilty after he had thought about it for a few days he realized how ridiculous that thought had been. Of course Molly cared. She had literally made him promise that they would be friends no matter what the night before she disappeared.

Molly scoffed at the apology before stepping away. “Did you really think I was capable to be like that? To only think of you as a job? I consider you like a brother, I’d do anything for you.” 

“I know and I really am sorry. I’m just so lost and confused by all this and I don’t even know what to believe anymore. I lived my whole life not knowing what I was or anything about it, and suddenly I have been dropped into a world I don’t understand. I jumped to a wild conclusion I know, but I am like the living embodiment of anxiety sometimes. I always assume the worst case scenarios in every situation. Even if they are drastically unrealistic.” He said, “And I know that doesn’t make it right, and you have every right to be upset. We also shouldn’t have pushed you. I am the last person that should make anyone else talk about something before they are ready to. Not to mention you had just heard about Mary, which I should have told you about before….” It was at that point Virgil realized he was rambling. “The point is. I am truly sorry.” 

Once Virgil was finished the last thing he expected was to be slammed into with a sudden hug. “I’m sorry too.” Molly said quietly. “I should just tell you, but I know you. I know how you are, and you’ll somehow spin it into it being your fault, but it’s not and I don’t want you blaming yourself.” She spoke pulling away from Virgil letting her messy hair cover her face. 

“Please Molly, I need to know.” Virgil stated.

“I know… It isn’t a nice story. At all. Are you prepared for that?” She asked pushing her hair out of his face and looking at Virgil. 

“Not really. Tell me anyways.”