Chapter 8

The group was sitting anxiously in the living room for Virgil to wake up, but it was getting late, they were half hoping he would just sleep through the night. They were worried about how to explain Virgil’s disappearance to the humans at the school. They couldn’t exactly take him back tomorrow with the possibility of him shifting in front of everyone. 

“What up bithces I’m home!”  The group looked up to see Remy walking in followed by Cassidy and Remus. 

“Hey guys, where is Emile?” Patton asked. 

“The nerd had to stay at the librarry to studdy for a stupid college test.” Remus explained flopping down next to his brother Roman on the couch. Remus took a breath to say something else when he suddenly paused. “What is that smell?” Remus leaned in closer to Roman and took a deep smell. “It’s coming from you.” 
Roman, Logan, and Patton all froze and looked uncomfortable. They weren’t sure how to explain the situation to the others. “Well you see…” Roman started but trailed off. Suddenly Roman’s head perked up and he tilted his head to listen to something. “He’s awake”, and with that he stood up and darted out of the room. 

“Who’s awake?” Cassidy asked confused. 

Patton answered before Logan could stop him, “Roman’s mate.”

“HIS WHAT!” They all shouted in unison.

________

When Virgil woke up he was still in a bit of a daze he was thinking more cognitively than he was before, but was feeling more relaxed than usual. He didn’t really like it. He sat up and groaned. “Ughh, what happened?”

A few seconds later a knock came from the door, “Virgil? Can I come in?”

“I guess.” 

With that Roman opened the door and entered the room. “How are you feeling?” He asked cautiously. He didn’t know how long the medicine would affect him. He should have asked Logan. 

    “Fine I guess.” Virgil said. Well at least his words aren’t slurring anymore. That's a good sign right? Roman thought to himself. 

    “So, uh what happened?” Virgil questioned. “I was leaving here ‘cause you guys are crazy and next thing I know am waking up back here feeling way too relaxed. I don’t like it.” 

    “You don’t remember?” Roman asked.

    “Remember what?” 

    Before Roman could answer the door burst open. “MY BROTHER GOT A MATE AND DIDN’T TELL ME!” Remus screeched entering the room. Followed by the rest. The herd of people around Virgil quickly made any relaxed feeling he had gone away and Virgil started to panic internally. There are more of them! He thought frightened. The one who had burst in looked almost exactly like Roman, but with more facial hair. The other two were different. Then there was the one who sauntered in with a pair of sunglasses on, and the other one who was wearing a beanie and had a large birthmark covering most of the left side of his face. 

    Roman laughed awkwardly as he looked at his brother scratching the back of his head. “I swear I was going to. Things are just… complicated.” Roman said looking over at Virgil, who looked scared out of his mind, and sighed. 

“What's complicated?” Remus asked then got a devilish smirk on his face, “Oh wait I know you both are tops and don’t know how to make it work. It’s okay you’ll figure it out!” 
“EXCUSE ME!” Virgil said appaled. “Where the fuck would you even get an idea like that! I barely know the guy what the hell are you talking about!” 

“Oh, goody he is shy! The shy ones are always the most fun to tease.” Remus said giddy.

“Remus stop.” Roman growled lowly.