Chapter 32

They all sat in silence for a few minutes, before Molly stopped leaning on Emile and crawled off where she was sitting onto the floor, moving slowly to the men on the floor. She maneuvered her way until she had her body wrapped around Virgil’s. Wriggling her head in between Roman’s arm and Virgil. Roman growled slightly at her action, but she ignored him. Se nuzzled in close to Virgil. Her eyes glowed softly as she felt a slight warmth fill her core. She glanced at Virgil’s necklace. It looked as though it was slowly mending itself. Fixing the cracks that had splintered across it. She let out a sigh of relief before letting her eyes return to normal. She wiggled her way out of Roman’s arms and moved away from Virgil. She moved onto examining Roman. Roman fidgeted uncomfortably as she looked at him with a deep intensity. She zoomed up close and looked at his his eyes deeply, before she smirked and leaned away.

“It’ll be okay,” She said softly.

“How do you know that?” Roman asked feeling a few stray tears glide down his face. 

“Because he has you.” She said with a slight laugh booping Roman gently on the nose. Making him flinch back and get an indigent look on his face. “I can see how much you love him. As long as he has you he’ll be okay.” 

Roman felt his face heat up at the mention of love. Of course he cared for Virgil, but he had never said… out loud…. And Virgil he…. 

Roman didn’t even know how to respond. Molly laughed. What was with this complete 180 in personality. She was cowering in a tiny ball a minute ago. 

“Why don’t you take him to his bed? He would feel a lot more comfortable there.” She commented to Roman. Roman nodded and lifted up his mate in his arms and left the room. 

“Molly,” Patton said gently. “Are you okay?” 

Molly looked at Patton and Emile who both held concerned looks and smiled. ”Yeah, I’m fine.” 

Emile and Patton shared a look. “Molly, you weren’t fine a minute ago.” Emile said cautiously. 

“Yeah, but I bounce back quickly. You guys don’t need to worry about me. Let’s focus on Virgil, he’s the one we should be worried about.” 

“Molly…” Patton moved like he was going to reach out and touch Molly and she rolled her eyes and moved away quickly. 

“I’m fine.” 

She said firmly. Her voice holding a note of finality to it. She was done talking about it. “I’m gonna go to my room for a bit. You guys let me know when Virgil wakes up. I probably have more I need to explain.” 

They both gave her looks, but let her walk out of the room. They both didn’t miss the way her hands were shaking as she exited the room.

________

Roman took Virgil up to his room and attempted to place him on the bed. Emphasis on attempted, because as soon as Roman let him go Virgil’s arm shot out and grabbed ahold of Roman’s shirt. 

“No, don’t… don’t leave…” Virgil mumbled in his sleep. Roman let out a small sigh as a smile spread across his face.

“Well if you insist.” He said with a small laugh. Roman finagled his way into the bed next to Virgil, wrapping his arms around him. Virgil let out what sounded like a sigh of relief before he snuggled hs face deeply into Roman’s chest. Roman was so comfortable this way it wasn’t long before he found himself also nodding off.  

_______

It was early the next morning when Virgil slowly blinked his eyes lazily before letting them remain closed for a few more minutes. He felt warm and content and snuggled his body closer to the warm person next to him.