Chapter 11

“Virgil!” Virgil was awoken by a girl jumping on him. “It’s time to get up! Come on, come on!”  She had long wavy strawberry blond hair. Her full pink lips spread into a wide grin showing off her teeth. This smile was never long of her face.  

    Virgil groaned and rolled over in his bed pulling the sheets over his head. “Dude come on we don’t want to be late. Mary is going to yell at us. You know how scary she is when she goes into mama bear mode.” Virgil didn’t move.  “Fine then you leave me no choice.” She hoped of the bed and grabbed something from his night stand that she had prepared for just this occasion. With a devilish smile. Her brown eyes sparkling with mischief behind her purple framed glasses. She dumped a glass of ice water onto Virgil’s head. 

    He gasped and sat up quickly, “Molly, because I love you like a sister you have exactly three seconds to run. One, two, three!” Molly darted out of the room laughing like a mad woman. Before Virgil flew after her. She leapt down the stairs with ease twisting around the corner and sliding with her socks into the kitchen. 

“Morning Mary! I got him up. That ice water was an excellent idea.” Molly said grinning as Virgil ran into the room. 

“So you were the one behind this.” Virgil said gesturing to his wet hair. 

Mary had to stifle a laugh, “Well I couldn’t very well let you two be late to your first day of middle school now could I.” 

“Besides, I think you look great wet hair is a good look for you.” Molly teased. Virgil smirked and grabbed Molly around the waist before shaking his head like a dog. The water spraying Molly in the face. “No! You are going to ruin my makeup!” She whined.

“You don’t wear makeup.”

“Touche. In my defense, though I don’t want to cover my precious freckles.” 

“You two hurry up and eat your food. Before it gets cold.” Mary chastised.

“Yay food!” Molly cheered wiggling her way from Virgil’s arms. She flew the table and sat down. She knew she was childish but she didn’t care. 

Virgil rolled his eyes and smiled sitting down next to her. If Mary was a mother to him then he supposed he would classify Molly as a sister. He adored her lively spirit. He liked watching her have fun with her friends. He had even once seen her start a flash mob in the school cafeteria. She had just gotten up and started dancing, not caring what anyone else thought of her. Virgil wished he could be like that. She had been six when she arrived at the orphanage. She never talked about her past, but Virgil never pushed. He could assume it couldn’t have been too bad. What person could be so outgoing if they had a bad life. Right?

___________

Virgil slowly blinked his eyes open. He sat up and his head started spinning. Why did he have a dream about her. It had been almost four years. Why was the world giving him so many constant reminders of people who left him. 

“Hey Virgil… I brought more food. Can you please eat.”

Yes this chapter is short. Yes this was a self insert. Yes there is a point to the new character. Please bare with me.