Chapter 26

Roman held Virgil tenderly as he sobbed, slowly the sobbing turned to crying, and the crying to small wimpers, then to a distraught humming noise. All the while Roman rocked them slightly singing under his breath. 

‘What happened?’ Roman asked through the mind link as to not disturb his finally calming down mate. 

Patton bit his lip and glance at Logan. Logan shook his head and cast his eyes away. Patton sighed before he mind linked back. ‘He seemed to be having a nightmare, when he suddenly stopped fussing in his sleep. We thought he had relaxed, but then I noticed the stone in his necklace had turned white. I mentioned it to Molly and she freaked out.’ Roman cast a glance at Molly quickly who was pacing to the side of the room and mumbling to herself at a rapid fire pace . 

He only caught a bit, 

“Purple… normal...black...sick...glowing… wolf.... White? Why White?” 

Patton continued, ‘after that she woke him up, but he woke up screaming and calling for you.’

‘Okay Pat, thanks for the rundown.’ Roman said with a thankful smile on his face. 

“Virge? Can I asked what happened? You don’t have to tell me. I’ll understand if you don’t.”

Virgil spoke his voice shaking taking in sharp intakes of breath occasionally, “You were gone. You left me.” 

“Virgil, I promise I won’t do that...”

“You were dead. You were gone, and it was all my fault.” Virgil whispered.

“Virgil, you can’t blame…”

“I was the one that killed you. I tore your throat out just like I did to that other wolf!” Virgil argued. “Oh, god! Oh god! Oh god! What have I done?” Virgil buried himself into Roman’s chest. Shaking.

“Shh, it’s okay, it’s okay. You were protecting me. That is a natural instinct in wolves. It’s normal. You could never hurt me. I trust you. Please Virgil trust me, you did nothing wrong. You can’t beat yourself up this bad Virgil. It won’t end well.” Roman said his voice desperate and begging.

Virgil lifted his eyes to Roman’s searching them for something. He just stared at Roman for a long while. Roman didn’t know what Virgil was looking for, but he hoped he got the results he wanted.

“I...I” He sighed. “O-okay, I trust you.” Virgil said shyly. Then pulled Roman in wrapping his arms tightly around Roman’s neck and burrowing his face into the crook of Roman’s neck. An involuntary shiver went down Roman’s spine as Virgil nuzzled into the sensitive spot of his neck where the marking would be done. 

Patton and Logan both let out collective sighs of relief. This was big, not only had Virgil stopped panicking he seemed to finally accept Roman.

_________

Molly had finally stopped pacing in the background. She smiled as she watched Virgil and Roman and interact. She was so happy that Virgil had found someone as good as Roman. To her Virgil deserved the world. And if anyone gave him any less, she would teach them just how wrong they were. She could relax now too. After listening to Virgil she had put together what happened with the necklace. And while it was concerning to think about she wouldn’t worry for now. Virgil was safe.

She sighed, she would have to tell him eventually, but it would be best if he was able to sort out his stuff with his mate first. I mean come on they haven’t even marked each other yet! Talk about taking it slow. Roma must have major self control.

__________

Virgil was still scared and horrified at what he had done. There was no getting around that, but after thinking he had lost Roman. He couldn’t bare the thought of not having him in his life. He knew there was no avoiding this whole mate thing, and he was starting to come to terms with that. It wasn’t a matter if he wanted Roman to be a part of his life, he needed Roman in his life. 

Virgil also had to admit, he had also started to really care for the others as well. Patton was so kind, and Logan was so genuine and awkward. Emile had helped Virgil a lot through some of his problems and was easy to talk to. Remus and Cassidy were such good patient teachers, and Virgil liked Remy’s over the top dramatics. As much as he hated to admit it and despite his best efforts he was attached to all of them. Now all he had to do was hold on tight and not let go.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

“Hey, can we maybe watch a movie… with the whole pack? Everyone?” Virgil asked timidly, mumbling into Roman’s neck, but everyone heard.  

“But of course my sweet emo prince!” Roman said boisterously, but not too loud. He didn’t want to suddenly startle Virgil. The vibrations in Roman’s chest calming Virgil even more. 

“We could make a pillow fort!” Patton said excitedly. 

Molly and Patton made eye contact. 

“You get the pillows, I’ll bet the blankets. GO!” They said in unison before rushing off in different directions.

“They both said they would get blankets.” Logan said looking rather perplexed.

Virgil smirked, “They’ll figure it out Lo.” He said.

Logan adjusted his glasses. “I suppose your right.” He said giving Virgil a smile. 

Virgil was still leaning heavily into Roman seeking his comforting touch. 

Logan then mindlinked the rest of the pack to inform them off the newest movie development. 

Cassidy and Remus volunteered to get the snacks to eat while they watched and Emile was already off to find pillows for the pillow fort. Remy being lazy came in and flopped on the recliner he did offer to make anyone who wanted it coffee, but everyone declined. Remy had given a shrug and took a sip from his own coffee. 

It was about a half hour later before everyone was nestled in the giant blanket pillow fort. Each with there own individual popcorn bowl and a bag of assorted candies. They were watching Nightmare Before Christmas. Virgil’s request. They stayed like that for the rest of the night and the next day, just watching movies and only taking the occasional break.

They were watching Big Hero 6, Logan’s request, when Virgil finally couldn’t fight against his eyelids anymore. He didn’t want to have another nightmare, but he was currently comfortable in Roman’s arms. 

He knew he was safe, and he was able to drift off into a peaceful slumber.  

_______

I think the weather called for some much needed fluff after that angst storm.

Also if I were to split this story up into two books this would be the end of book one, but I am not gonna split it up so I'm just gonna say thats the end of part one.