Chapter 40

“Relax Roman, I’m sure they’ll be back soon. I bet the kiddos just got caught up having too much fun.” Patton said while he watched Roman pace anxiously around the living room. 

“They’ve been gone way too long. They should have come back by now!” Roman had been freaking out for a while now, and Patton was doing his best to calm him down.

“Logically, speaking they should have returned by now. They have missed lunch so they must be getting hungry that alone should  be an indicator for them to return home.” Logan stated. 

“Exactly!” Roman said pointing at Logan dramatically. Then suddenly he froze up. His body shaking slightly. “Somethings wrong! Something's very wrong!” Roman said shaking his head horror filling his eyes. “I can feel it Virgil’s scared.” His eyes met the others an almost pleading look in his eyes. “Why is he scared?” 

The other two looked at each other than back at Roman. Roman opened his mouth to say something before a splitting pain from the back of his head rattled his brain. He swore he saw stars as he stumbled a bit. 

“Roman!” Patton called out, Logan was quickly by his side catching him before he could fall to the ground. As quickly as the pain came it was just as quickly gone. It was just the mate bond telling him something was wrong with Virgil. Roman got the message. 

A deep growl erupted form Roman’s lips. His eyes bright red his protective instincts in full control. “FIND HIM” He said to the other two and through mind link at the same time. He heard a chorus of ‘yes Alpha’s’ and even though not all of them knew why, they all knew they had to find Virgil.

Roman headed directly for the door and was about to enter the forest when a familiar smell caught his attention. It smelled like Virgil. He immediately ran to it to find one of his shirts flung over a tree a note taped to it. Patton and Logan were close behind Roman ready for action. 

“A note?” Logan said. 

“What does it say?” Patton asked. 

Roman didn’t say anything as he read, but they could feel the anger rolling off him. His canines grew and his eyes became wolf like.

He violently crumpled up the paper and then dropped it. He then shifted into his wolf and started running. 

Patton quickly picked up the paper and started reading. He gasped and covered his mouth. “Logan we have to go! Now! Roman’s gonna kill her.” 

___________  

“Where are they!?” Virgil heard someone say as he slowly started to regain consciousness. 

 “You’ll see them when I say you can see them.” He heard someone else growl back. 

“You promised! I brought you him! I did what you told me!”

“I make a lot of promises my pet.” This one growled. “But if I remember correctly you weren’t a very obedient little girl, were you?”  Virgil could hear a pained whimper in response

Virgil groaned as he shifted on the cold concrete he was laying on. His head was pounding. It felt like his skull was trying to split open. He blinked his eyes open and pushed himself up. He looked around himself to get his bearings. He was in a cage. It was very small. He didn’t think he could even stand up to his full height if he tried. On all sides of him were silver bars. He tried grabbing one to pull himself up a little better. And hissed out in pain. He looked at his hand to see large red marks forming. Right silver, is  a no go for werewolves. Shit. 

“Virgil!” He heard someone cry out he looked up from his hand to see Molly standing outside of the cage. She wasn’t in her usual outfit she was back in wrags like the outfit they found her in. It was a white slip dress that was covered in filth and grime. It made her already pale skin look like a ghost. Her hair was ratted and Virgil could see bruises forming on her arms. Tears were streaming down her face. 

“Molly? Where am I what’s going on?” Virgil questioned. 

She shook her head harshly unable to meet his eyes, “I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry…. Sorry…” She started mumbling shaking violently. 

“Oh dear, why are you apologizing you did nothing wrong. You followed orders beautifully. I mean it took a little persuading, but you knew this would happen.” This older man looking to be in his early forties had emerged from the shadows of the room. The first thing that struck Virgil was the smell. It was putrid, a combination of urine and mold. His tall bulking form made Molly like a toothpick in comparison. He had a thick beard covering his chin that contrasted sharply against his greasy balding hair. A scar pulled at his lip, making it a constant sneer. His eyes were like freezing pools of darkness that sent unpleasant chills down Virgil’s spine. 

Virgil looked between the two of them confusion blossoming in his eyes, “What is he talking about Molly? Who is this?”

This man wrapped his filthy arm around Molly’s waist pulling her close to him. She leaned away from his touch and looked like she wished she could be anywhere else, but he just pulled her in tighter. “Come on Molly, he asked you a question why don’t you introduce us?” The man’s voice was course and gravely. 

Virgil’s eyes went to the hand wrapped around Molly and his eyes flashed brightly a deep growl coming from his throat. 

“Virgil stop.” Molly’s voice was monotone and lacked any of her usual cadance. His eyes snapped to meet hers and for the first time since breakfast she met his eyes. Virgil had to hold back a gasp that threatened to escape his lips. Her eyes were dull and lifeless. Their usual brown color was gone replaced with a glossy grey look.

    “Molly wh-” He was cut off by her shaking her head. 

    “Virgil this is your uncle.” She said gesturing her arm that wasn’t being pressed against the man. “This is Hunter.” 

    “Thank you my pet, you did well.” Hunter cooed gently using his grimy hand to caress her cheek

    Her eyes flashed slightly, “I didn’t do shit.” She said her voice still monotone. 

    In a flash he had his hand wrapped in her hair pulling down harshly. She didn’t make a sound. “What have I said about lying! You know I hate filthy liars!” 

    She didn’t even seem to acknowledge the violent tugging, but Virgil sure did he slammed his body against the cage ignoring the pain trying to get to them. He was going to tear this bastard to shreds.  His eyes were glowing brightly, and his teeth had morphed to their wolf like form. 

    Hunter rolled his eyes and threw Molly against Virgil’s cage. Virgil tried to grab her but she pulled away before he could. 

    “Why do you care about her so much?” Hunter said crouching by the two of them. Molly turned her head away from Virgil  “She’s the one who got you in this position.”

    “She would never!” Virgil said in denile. 

    “She’s the one who told me you even existed. A good girl compared to that bitch of a mother you had. She did a good job finding you too.” He said chuckling deeply. 

Molly was shaking violently her fingernails digging into her skin drawing blood. 

    “Molly? Tell me he’s lying. He has to be lying.” Virgil said desperately, a mixture of fear and anger building in his chest. 

    “I didn’t have a choice.” 

Thank you to StitchedIvy for helping me with this chapter.