Take 29 - Heart Attack - Part 4

A/N: Comment as you read, please. It helps motivate me.

It had taken a while before I got back to my senses. Had some teenage girl really just bitch-slapped me? I could still feel it on my cheek, and despite Harry’s gentle touch, it still stung whenever he touched it.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked. “Do you want me to take you to the hospital?”

“I’m fine,” I said. “Just a bit tired, that’s all. And no, I don’t want to go back to the hospital.”

“But—“

“No!” I said and jerked away from his hand. “I can survive a bitch-slap on my own. Besides, I don’t need the press to get all up in my business about this. It’s fine.”

“It’s not fine, Cami.” He leaned back on his own chair, crossing his arm. “That was assault. You could press charges.”

“Against a teenage girl?” I shook my head. “Honestly, I just want this fad to be over with. I’m ready to go home any time now.”

“We still have the concert,” he said silently. “And the press conference tomorrow.”

“I know, but after that.” I looked at him. “I just really want to get back home again.”

“I know what you mean.” He leaned forward and took my hand. “Although, my home and your home are very far apart. I’d miss you.”

“I would miss you too,” I said, a small smile lingering at the corner of my mouth.

“So, while we’re here: Why don’t we make the best out of it?” Harry grinned.

“How so?”

“Well. We’re not working today.” His thumb rubbed my knuckles. “What do you want to do?”

My mind went to the camera and how I hadn’t gotten any pictures yet. I’d been meaning to, but everything had happened so fast. I bit my lip. Would Harry take me out to take some pictures? Would he ask questions?

“What is it?” he asked.

“I have this hobby…” I tried to find the right way to phrase this. “And, since you said we could do anything, then I might have an idea.”

His smile slowly spread to a grin. “What is it?”

“I completely understand if you don’t want to. I mean, it’s probably just going to be boring for you, really.” I looked away. “It could be fun, though. And I really want to.”

“Cami. I’m dying from suspense over here, and somehow, my imagination is going in very different directions right now. Can you tell me what it is?”

“I want to take some pictures,” I said. “Of Milan. The city. You…”

He didn’t say anything to that, and I was afraid to look at him. Was he offended? He did spend most of his time in front of the camera, it would be understandable if he thought it was weird.

“I know the perfect place, and we don’t even need bodyguards.”

Looking up at him, I saw him smile widely. “No guards?”

Harry shook his head, his lovely curls bouncing with every movement. “We don’t need them because we won’t be leaving the hotel.”

“What do you mean? I can photograph Milan from in here.”

“Wait here a moment,” he said and rose from his chair. “I’ll be right back.”

I obliged, waiting for him without saying anything. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Zayn talking to the guards while Louis was whispering something to Niall. That didn’t seem suspicious at all.

Once Harry came back, his smile was even wider. “Let’s go get your camera and change out of our swimsuits.”

He took my hand, pulling me to him. Before he walked anywhere, he placed a quick kiss on my lips and then almost dragged me to the elevator.

To say I was confused would be an understatement. In fact, I didn’t think I understood anything of what was going on. Part of my mind were still focusing on the massive bitch-slap I’d received.

Which is why I tried to, discretely, look at the reflective surface inside the elevator to see if she left a mark. When I couldn’t see anything, I turned to Harry.

“Do I have the outline of a hand on my cheek right now?” I asked.

He looked. “It’s fading. But there was a mark earlier.” Caressing my cheek, he met my eyes. “Why do you ask?”

“It still stings a bit,” I admitted. “Nothing to worry about, I was just curious.”

He pulled me into a tight embrace. “I’m sorry I didn’t stop her in time. I shouldn’t have let go of her.”

“It was my fault, really.” I buried my face in his t-shirt. “I thought she would be civilized.”

“Most fans are—I promise.”

“I know that.” I turned my face up, puckering my lips.

Harry understood the hint and kissed me softly before we exited the elevator.

Lucky for us, no one had returned to the suite yet. I briefly wondered what the other guys were up to, but the excitement of spending time with Harry quickly overshadowed anything else.

After dressing in regular shorts and a top, I grabbed my camera and a loose cardigan in case it got windy. Harry was waiting for me in the living room, and he turned the moment I appeared.

“Where we going?” I asked.

He grinned. “The sky.”

I frowned. “Is that some exclusive club or something?”

Harry merely shook his head and took my free hand. I glanced at him, noticing he’d packed a small bag of stuff. I wanted to ask about it, but I didn’t dare. Maybe it was goofy disguises again.

I tried to hide my surprise when Harry didn’t lead me to the elevator. Instead, he turned the corner and we walked towards Diana’s room.

He didn’t stop, though. He continued further down the hall and opened a small door at the end. I had noticed it before, but just assumed it was a supply closet or something.

Instead, it led out onto a small set of stairs and ended in front of steel door. There was a number pad on the side, and Harry entered a code.

Then he opened the door, and I gasped. The sight made my heart skip a beat, and I began to fear a heart attack.

We were on the rooftop of the hotel, and in front of me, someone had created a beautiful little sanctuary complete with plants, flowers, and a small table.

“Will this work?” Harry asked and gestured to the view.

It was absolutely breathtaking. Every inch of Milan was spread out before me, and I could see all the different architecture that I’d dreamed of photographing.

Most important of all, the blue sky gave me a beautiful background, and I just knew it would be perfect once the sun began to wane.

I looked at Harry. “This is amazing.”

Without another word, I grabbed my camera and began to push the shutter.

This would make my portfolio complete.

A/N: Give this a vote, maybe?