Take 26 - Stand Up - Part 4

A/N: Please comment as you read. I'm checking my newsfeed every time I get stuck. <3

It took longer than expected to get ready. I didn’t want to wear something he’d already seen, but I also didn’t want to wear the long-sleeved, turtleneck dress I’d packed as a back-up. Only way I would wear that would be if Harry had indeed wanted a costume—then I could pass off as a nun.

I groaned. Why was this so hard? I remembered how Diana had helped me the other night, and for a brief moment, I contemplated calling her. There was no time, though.

Luckily, I’d already done my hair and make-up. All I needed was clothes. Ugh. Why did people wear clothes again? They only seemed to complicate things.

I looked at the fine white dress, which was my first choice. It was strapless, and the skirt reached to just above my knees. With the right shoes, it could definitely be deemed fancy.

It was just so… white.

Usually, I didn’t mind the color of clothes. In fact, simple clothes made me happy in ways I couldn’t explain. But this was a date with Harry Styles. Simple just wouldn’t cut it tonight.

I groaned and wished I could call Ludmilla for help. She’d know what to wear. I looked at time, only twenty minutes left before Harry would be knocking on my door. I had to make a decision quick.

The problem was that I was too invested in the outcome. I needed to treat this as a project, perhaps like when I used to dress up Jackie when she acted as my model.

Biting my lip, I took the white dress and slipped it on. The bodice was snug against my chest, making a straight view to cleavage city.

Right above my hips, the skirt started. It flowed out in a way that could only be described as formal. That was actually one of the reasons I’d bought the dress—it made me feel like an elven princess.

I narrowed my eyes and studied my reflection. All it needed was a splash of color. Something that wouldn’t ruin the princess feel, but would make it seem less sweet-sixteen like.

With a jerk that made the skirt flow around me, I turned to the bed. I grabbed a sapphire blue scarf and rolled it up to look like a belt. The silk fabric was soft against my hands, and carefully, I placed it around my waist and tied it behind my back.

Smiling, I admired the new look. I grabbed a pair of black heels that I’d actually gotten used to, and stepped into them. It was simple, yet elegant.

And dang my legs looked fine in those heels.

Twirling slightly, I decided that it wouldn’t become any fancier. With a small purse as my only accessory, I stuffed the essentials into it and walked out to the door.

The surprised faces from Niall and Louis made me feel awkward. They were playing another video-game, and I sorta wanted to run away.

“Is it that bad?” I asked.

They didn’t get to answer before the knock came on the door. On weak legs, I walked out there but was quickly surpassed by Louis. He opened the door with a stern look.

“You must be Harry,” he said and held out his hand. “Have her home by eleven.”

I giggled and walked over beside him. Harry was standing outside, in a pair of jeans, shirt and a blazer. In his hand, he had a bouquet of roses.

“Wow,” he said as he looked me over. “You look…”

I bit my lip. Didn’t he like it?

“Absolutely stunning,” he said at last. Holding out the roses, he said, “These are for you.”

Louis took them and winked to me. “I’ll make sure they are taken care off. You two have fun.”

Smiling at him, I walked out and took Harry’s arm. He flashed me his best grin and escorted me to the elevator.

We walked in silence, and I could feel my nerves resurface. My arm was hooked around his, and I had to focus on my breathing to avoid panicking. I kept fearing that I’d forgotten to put make-up on my right eye, or if my shoes didn’t match.

“Can you tell me where we’re going now?” I asked.

“It’s a secret.” He winked. “Don’t worry, you’ll like it. I’m sure of it.”

I nodded. In all honesty, I wasn’t afraid that I wouldn’t like it. I just needed to focus on something—anything.

“I like what you’ve done with the dress,” he said. “It’s very classy.” He lowered his voice. “And sexy at the same time.”

My cheeks became warm, and I looked to the floor. “I used to dress up a friend so we could play models and take pictures of each other. It’s no big deal.”

“Are you kidding?” Harry frowned, leading me out onto the parking lot. A white limousine was waiting for us, and my mouth dropped open.

Harry laughed. “Only the best for you,” he said. He guided me over and opened the door for me.

Inside, the seats were covered in leather, and a mini-bar with different kinds of alcohol was present. I sat down, hoping Harry would sit next to me. There was so much space in here.

“To answer your earlier question,” I said as he sat down next to me and signaled to the driver. “I wasn’t kidding, it’s no big deal. I, honestly, just tied a scarf around my waist.”

He shrugged. “That’s still incredibly creative. The most creative thing I’ve ever done was an ashtray made out of clay.”

“I can’t make ash-trays,” I said with a frown. “In fact, I don’t think I can form anything in clay at all.”

“Neither could I.” Harry laughed. “The ‘ashtray’ was basically me punching a hole into a lump of clay.”

I burst out laughing, imagining a younger Harry beating into a deformed blob. “That’s adorable.”

He grinned and popped the champagne. “I know. It’s a gift.”

Holding out my glass, I waited for him to pour for me. We toasted with each other, and I leaned over to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. This was amazing so far. And I could only imagine how awesome it had yet to get.

 A/N: Give it a vote, maybe? Eight upload. Two to go.