Take 29 - Heart Attack - Part 1

A/N: Please comment as you read. OR you can tweet me your responses. That'd be cool. Or both. <.<

Wednesday morning came too fast. I spent the most of Tuesday in bed, while Harry cooked and took care of me in any way he could—well mostly, at least. There was one thing he didn’t do.

One part of me was happy that he’d stopped. Mainly because I didn’t want my first time to be under false pretenses. It would be the weirdest thing in the world if he accidentally moaned my sister’s name while we were doing it.

The other part of me still cursed his damn reasoning. I’d been in the mood. Like, really in the mood. It had something to do with the way Harry made me feel. He made me tingle in all the right places, and I knew that he had the power and the skill to make that tingle intensify into a full-blown explosion. Honestly, the anticipation was killing me.

I woke up next to Harry in his bed, and it occurred to me that I’d been sleeping next to him almost every night while I’d been in Milan. The thought made heat flare to my cheeks, and as I remembered that we weren’t alone in the suite, I couldn’t help but wonder what the other guys thought we were doing in here.

Probably what I’d wish we’d be doing…

Harry blinked as he opened his eyes.

“Morning, sunshine,” I said.

He smiled lazily. “You’re the sunshine.” With a loud groan, he stretched out beside me. “I am so not feeling the briefing right now.”

“Me either,” I admitted. “But we kinda have to, right?”

He rolled over on his side, scooting closer to me. “We do need to. Steven will brief us on what we can reveal about the movie, and then we’ll prepare each other for what kind of questions we want to answer.”

“How do you prepare for that?” I frowned.

“Usually, we check the internet for latest rumors and such,” he said with a light shrug. “We don’t spend too much time on gossip—mostly we try to focus on our music and our fans—but sometimes a reporter will ask a question that’s seemingly out of the blue. It’s good to be prepared for that.”

“I can see the sense in that.” I snuggled closer to him. “Don’t want to leave this bed, though.”

His laugh made his chest vibrate. “I’d like to stay too.” He kissed the top of my head. “We have to, though.”

Groaning, I rolled out the bed, scratching my head as I walked into the bathroom.

Harry had already placed a new set of clothes for me, and as I turned the tap to my shower, I wondered how he could be that perfect. He literally thought of everything.

Once I got out, clean and groomed, I saw the guys waiting for me in the living room. Breakfast was already on a cart, and I spotted Steven in the corner of the couch.

“Everybody’s here,” he said with a mouth full of food. “Great.”

I walked over to grab a bun, sitting down and looked around at them. “What’s up?” I asked.

Niall was the first to speak. “How come you didn’t tell us about the rumors circulating you?”

I shrugged. “Don’t really pay that much attention to them.”

That was the truth. Although, Ludmilla would probably have said something entirely different.

“We could have done something,” Niall continued.

Shaking my head, I said, “Figured it would only add fuel to the fire. Besides, I’m not that bothered.”

“Really?” He frowned. “It doesn’t look that way.” He showed me his phone.

I looked over it, reading what Ludmilla had replied. Cursing mentally, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought to check what she’d been saying online. While I’d been having the time of my life with Harry, Ludmilla had responded to thousands of tweets, posts and articles explaining everything to the best of her ability. She thanked the people who offered support after my recent break-in, and she’d rallied a troop to hunt down people who said I’d deserved to be drugged.

“I didn’t write this,” I said. I needed to come up with something fast. “My assistant in Chicago manages my accounts, to make it seem like I’m always around. It’s a way to throw them off my trail, so to speak.”

They all stared at me.

“What?” I asked. “It’s a pretty reasonable thing to do. It makes me seem more human.”

It physically pained me to make my sister out to be this unapproachable celebrity snob. In all honesty, Ludmilla maintained a presence online to be closer with her fans. It sometimes tore at her from all sides, and yet, she did it with joy.

I bit my lip, looking around at the men in the room, hoping I hadn’t changed any of their opinions of me.

“Anyway,” Steven said, breaking the uncomfortable silence. “Obviously, you can’t spoil the movie. Some of the questions will be about how close to the book the plot of the movie goes, and all of those, I’ll take care off.

“Harry, Zayn and Cami will answer any other questions about the shooting, while you guys”—he pointed to Liam, Niall and Louis—“will mainly be answering any questions about One Direction’s part in all of this. And of course, if the question is directed to you personally, you’ll answer as well.”

I had to admit: I couldn’t really see the point of this. It seemed pretty standard. Movie people talk movie, music people talk music. Not that hard to grasp that concept. I didn’t say anything, though. It seemed like I was pretty alone in thinking this was redundant.

Tuning them out, I concentrated on my breakfast instead. Tomorrow night. Just a few more days, and then the whole thing would come to light. I’d talked to Ludmilla the day before, and she was pushing it to be revealed right after the concert. Of course, in the end it was up to the investor, but she said he was almost convinced.

Thank god. I looked at Harry. That meant I didn’t have lie much longer.

 A/N: Like I said. Give a tweet, yeah? My twitter is @MajaDiana, and my Instagram is @MajaDianaDK if you have anything to say or share. Then go ahead. :) I'm also keeping an eye on the #CutFanfic tag everywhere. Is anyone excited for #PlayFanfic? Let me know. Eep. 

Give this a vote, maybe?