Take 23 - Diana - Part 5

A/N: Please comment as you read, it would mean the world to me. 

The movie was perfect and the only tears on our faces were from laughing too much. It was such a simple thing, but it was exactly what I needed. Sure, it was with the person I least expected, but it worked out.

“I’m so stuffed,” Diana said and patted her belly. “If I lie down on the floor, can you roll me to my bed?”

I laughed. “Not without any injuries, I think.”

“You’re right. Here is good.” She turned over on her stomach and looked at me. “Now, we’ve talked about what is bothering me, but what’s on your mind?”

I glanced at her. “I don’t know what you mean.”

“Please.” She scoffed. “I’m not stupid. You have the opportunity to hang with the Harry Styles, yet you’re here with me. What’s going on?”

I shrugged. “Just felt more for some girl time.” I looked away.

Diana became quiet, and when I glanced at her, I could see she didn’t believe one word of what I’d said. I sighed. “It’s nothing…” I muttered.

“Come on, girl.” She poked my arm. “Tell me… maybe I can help?”

I bit my lip. I knew I couldn’t tell her a lot of the things, but maybe I could confide in my problems with Harry. At least, a watered-down version of it.

“Come on,” Diana urged.

“Well… Let’s say…” I tried to think of something. “Let’s say that hypothetically I liked this guy. He’s sweet, handsome and all through perfect.”

She nodded. “Yes… Harry… Go on…”

I shot her a look, but she simply stuck out her tongue. “Let’s say that this guy liked me back… hypothetically… and that I’d somewhat told him there’d never be anything between us.” I looked away, lowering my voice. “And then, let’s say, something happened, and I find it hard to stay away from him. What should I do about that?”

Diana tapped her chin. “Well… hypothetically… I would ask you to get going, girl.”

“What do you mean?”

“Harry likes you… It’s not exactly hard to see, and if you like him back, just go to him, grab him, and kiss him. No biggie.”

“I can’t just go and kiss him.” I frowned. “Besides, he wants to talk…”

“Of course he wants to talk.” She rolled her eyes. “He must be confused. I mean… Your words say one thing, but your actions contradict it. It would confuse anyone. Not just a smoking hot singer.” She winked.

“I don’t know…” It wasn’t like I didn’t have a good reason to stay away. Looking up, I met Diana’s eyes. “What if I had a reason to stay away?”

This made Diana scoff. “Look, darling. Life is what happens when you’re too busy waiting for the right moment.” She sat up straight. “If you keep this up, all the bridges to that ship are burned.”

“Ship?” I laughed.

“Relationship, silly,” she said while laughing too. “That is what you want, right?”

I thought about it. A relationship with Harry would be the dream, wouldn’t it? If it wasn’t for all of these complications. I couldn’t just pursue it while knowing that it would harm Ludmilla. I couldn’t pursue it because of my lies. And most of all, I didn’t know how to pursue him, even if everything else didn’t matter.

“I’d never really been in a situation like this,” I admitted. “I do want him. I just don’t know how.”

“What’s holding you back?”

The contract… the lies… my own inexperience… Ludmilla… I swallowed. “I guess I’m afraid to get hurt?”

“That’s a risk in every relationship.” Diana began to clean up the utensils on the sofa table. “The question is if you’re willing to risk it for him.”

With those words, she stood up and carried our plates into the kitchen area. I was left alone with my thoughts, trying to figure out what to do.  

I looked out of the window, surprised to see that the sun had already gone down.

“What are you still doing here?” Diana asked. Her hands were firmly placed on her hips, and she looked at me with a stern look. “Go! Get your man, for Christ sake.”

I scowled playfully but stood up anyway. Maybe she was right. Maybe I should just jump into it. It occurred to me that I’d been at this place countless of times before. The stage right before I actually took some action, but I always chickened out in the last moment.

“Okay, okay.” I held up my hands in surrender. “I will go and talk to him.”

“Good girl.” Diana smiled.

I walked out of her suite, taking deep breaths as I walked towards Harry’s suite. I needed to talk to him no matter what. I needed to make sure that everything was okay. And I needed to figure what the next step was.

When I reached the door, I hesitated. How could I put this in a way that didn’t make me sound insane? I snorted. I was far too gone to sound sane now.

With one last deep breath, I placed my hand on the doorknob, ready to barge in and tell Harry that I wanted to be with him. I glanced at the security guard who didn’t even acknowledge me.

I could do this.

Closing my eyes, I opened the door. “Harry, I need to—“

“Cami!” Zayn interrupted me. “Finally.”

I opened my eyes to see him smile at me. He was standing right inside the hall with a guy I didn’t recognize at first. He was short and had dyed blonde hair where his roots showed through. His smile was big, and he almost jumped over to me.

“You must be Ludmilla Hanson,” he said. “I’m Niall. I’ve heard so much about you.” He shook my hand with excitement.

I looked between him and Zayn, hoping for some kind of explanation.

Another guy joined us in the hall-way, again someone I hadn’t met before. His hair was short, and he sported a slight beard that made him look handsome.

“Is that her?” he asked.

Zayn nodded, and the guy came over to take my other hand. “Hi, I’m Liam.”

My mind was still trying to catch up. It finally occurred to me that these people were the rest of the band. All plans of talking to Harry disappeared into thin air. I couldn’t go through with it now.

“C-Call me Cami,” I said. When they looked confused, I shrugged. “It’s a numerologist thing.”

They nodded as if they understood and released my hand. Niall wrapped an arm around my shoulder. “We’re so excited to perform with you. Zayn says you have mad skills.”

I could feel the heat stream to my cheeks at the compliment. “Thank you,” I muttered.

He led me into the living room. “Harry, look who I found.”

Harry was standing outside my room. Looking back, he smiled when he saw me. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. Maybe I could talk to him anyway.

“They arrived a day early,” Harry said, sounding slightly apologetic.

I was about to answer when a fifth voice sounded.

“What have you done to my room?” Another guy came out from the green room, and despite his long hair and beard, I recognized him immediately.

My skipped a beat, and I held my breath. Standing in the doorframe of my room was none other than Louis Tomlinson.

Even worse… he had my lucky bracelet in his hand—the bracelet he’d given me years ago.

A/N: Give it a vote maybe? Tripple updates ftw. Your support is what makes decides this story's future.