Take 19 - More Than This - Part 1

A/N: Please comment your thoughts as you read. 

I stared into the barrel of a gun. It was pointed straight at me. Even though I was sitting on the hard concrete floor, the fear inside of me made my knees weak. What had happened exactly?

My heart was pumping fast. As bad as the gun scared me, my real fear was the person holding it. I looked up at Zayn, pleading with my eyes for him to stop this madness. His brown eyes met mine, and I cringed under the unforgiving look he gave me.

Zayn’s jaw was clenched hard together, and his eyes filled with a harshness I’d never seen before. Swallowing hard, I tried to shift around. If only I could explain myself then he could lower the gun, and we could talk about this.

“We can—“

“Quiet!” he shouted and took aim.

“Don’t…” I whimpered.

“I said: be quiet!” He took a step closer, clicking the safe off. “You should have listened to me.”

As the reality of the situation kicked in, I felt my eyes begin to water. What had I done to deserve this?

“Don’t do this,” I whispered with a quivering bottom lip. A tear trickled down my cheek.

His eyes narrowed, and I could see his arm shake slightly. He looked to the side where David was watching with a sinister grin. I didn’t take my eyes away from Zayn; he was the one with the gun. It was him I needed to calm down.

“You can do it,” David said almost sounding bored. “She’s not worth it.”

Zayn’s eyes flickered slightly, and I saw the moment he made the decision. It wouldn’t take long now. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain. I’d heard that getting shot felt like a fire spreading from the wound and all the way through your body. My only solace was that the gun couldn’t possibly hurt more than the pain inside of me. The betrayal pained through my whole body, one limb at a time.

I heard the sound of Zayn loading the gun. He was going to shoot. I swallowed hard. This was it.

As the sound of a gun resounded throughout the room, I clenched my eyes further shut.

“Cut!” Steven called. “That was perfect!”

Letting out a sigh of relief, I opened my eyes. Being inside Charlie’s mind was exhausting. It had felt so real there for a moment.

David, who played the movie-villain Rafé, walked over to me and helped me up from the floor. “Great acting,” he said. “You managed that look of fear and betrayal just perfectly.”

I smiled at him. “Thank you. You weren’t so bad yourself. Your words sent chills to my bone.” I looked behind him to see Zayn and Harry talk a few feet away.

“… something I’ve been practicing for a long time.” David gave me a small smile, and I felt sorry for not listening to him.

“Next scene,” Steven yelled. “Hurry up folks, we don’t have all day.”

“That’s my cue,” I said and hooked a thumb over my shoulder. I tried to sound like everything was okay, but inside I was a mess.

The next scene was, of course, the source of my problems. Steven was filming in a weird order, and this scene was actually supposed to be before the last one. That wasn’t the thing that concerned me, though. No. The thing that bothered me was the fact that it was a sweet scene between Harry’s character, Luke, and my character, Charlie.

Well, sweet and sweet. They were locked inside a room because of a cruel joke, but it still turned out to be sweet.

I went to my spot, trying hard not to look at Harry. I didn’t need another reminder of our time together. However, the moment Steven called Action; I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind. Cami didn’t exist—only Charlie did.