Take 5 - Everything About You

A/N: Please comment as you read. It'll mean the world to me. 

It was hard to imagine Steven as a father.

The thought seemed ridiculous, yet as I walked out of the dressing room after changing into my own clothes, I saw an honest attempt to make our hippie-director into a suit-and-tie type of guy.

I crossed my arms, hiding a smile as I watched Steven in an over-sized blazer with shoulder pads. He turned to me.

“What do you think?” he asked.

“I’m not too sure about the pads. It doesn’t really seem fitting.” I shrugged lightly, trying to pass it off as a neutral opinion. I wasn’t about to make enemies in wardrobe already—they had way too much power for me to even contemplate crossing them.

And the costume-girls had done an outstanding job already. Somehow, they’ve managed to switch Steven’s pro-marijuana shirt and worn jeans out with a button-up shirt and linen pants. The inability to picture him as a parent was entirely my own fault.

He walked over and placed an arm around me, staring at the costume-girls. “What do you say?” He grinned. “Like father like daughter, eh?”

I rolled my eyes.

A slow clap came from my right, and I jerked around to see Zayn and Harry watch us.

Zayn pointed to me. “Her attitude certainly makes it seem like she’s embarrassed already.”

“Nah.” Steven squeezed my arm. “She wouldn’t be, right Lud—I mean, Cami?”

“Right…” I smiled. Out of my peripheral vision, I could see Harry. He was looking at something on his phone, and it itched in me to find out what he was looking at. It was, however, none of my business.

“Alright, crew. I think that’s it for today,” Steven said. “Zayn, Harry and Cami—you guys need to stay late tomorrow to record your vocals. If you’re not already familiar with the recording studio, I suggest you find a guide today. Your coach will meet you there tomorrow.”

We gave a polite nod, and then everyone packed up their gear. It didn’t take long before most of the crew had emptied out of the room. I gave out a long sigh.

“Everything alright?” Harry said. Once again, I hadn’t noticed him staying while everyone left.

I yelped. “Jesus, Harry. You keep doing that.”

“Doing what?”

“Scaring me…” I placed a hand on my beating heart. “You and your ninja-moves that repeatedly sneak up on me.”

He averted his eyes, trying not to laugh. “Ninja-moves?”

“Are you going to keep repeating what I say?”

“Nope…” He took a step, his hands in his pockets. “Are you ready for a coffee?”

Right… I’d agreed to go over my schedule with him. Biting my lip, I looked around for Marcus, but he was nowhere to be seen. Great, my first day, and I already lost my assistant—Ludmilla would be so proud.

“S-sure,” I said. “Lead the way.”

He turned on his heels and started walking ahead of me. From the back, I could spend some time to steady my racing heart.

The guy was pure trouble; I knew that. Of course, I knew better than to believe any media rumors—my lifelong experience with lies about Ludmilla had taught me not to trust everything—but there was something over him. He was adorable; in the he’s—gonna—break—your—heart kinda way.