Take 21 - Midnight Memories - Part 2

A/N: Please comment as you read. It makes my day. 

When I finally emerged from my room after rushing to get ready, I had managed to calm myself relatively down. Harry and Zayn were talking inside the built-in kitchen, and I tiptoed my way over there. Hushed voices came from the opposite side of the wall, and despite how wrong it was, I decided to listen.

“It’s not like I can do anything about her decision, Zayn.” I recognized Harry’s voice.

“Seriously, man.” Zayn sighed very loudly. “I love you, but you can be so stupid sometimes. I mean, you slept in her room for crying out loud.”

“Trust me, I noticed too.” I could imagine Harry running a hand through his hair. “But I have to respect her choice. She must have her reasons.”

“Well, it can’t be that she’s not into you. She totally is.”

Harry chuckled. “That’s what I thought too, but then she says this thing about professional relationship.”

“Yeah…”

“I mean, don’t get me wrong. I respect it, but she’s sending so mixed signals that I feel dizzy just at the thought.”

I heard the tap being turned on, and it must have been on superflow, because I couldn’t hear a word of what Zayn said next.

“Nah,” Harry said. “I think she was just surprised that’s all.”

“Who wouldn’t be?” Zayn laughed. “But maybe she’s just shy.”

“She certainly acts shy. I’m not sure if she’s in character or being real with me ninety percent of the time. I did my homework, mate. And there was nothing to suggest that she’d react like this.”

“Plus, she really doesn’t seem like the type that Peyton would go for.”

“I want to crush his face,” Harry said. “No, wait. Sorry. That wouldn’t be polite. I just want to gently plant my fist in his stupid face.”

“Whoa there, hotshot,” Zayn said. “Is that… jealousy I’m detecting.”

Harry snorted. “No…”

“I don’t believe you…” Zayn started to sing. “You’re jealous, real jealous.”

“Oh, shut up.”

This was around the time that I’d heard enough. Taking a few steps back, I inhaled deeply and then said. “Hey guys… where are you?”

“Out here,” Zayn called.

I walked out there and stood in the door, without  saying anything. Mostly because  I was a bit reluctant to speak since I had no idea what to say. Would it be awkward?

Duh, of course, it’ll be awkward. Not only did you see man-parts, but you just eavesdropped on an obviously private conversation.

“Rise and shine, sleepyhead,” Zayn greeted the moment I stepped inside. I gave him a shy smile and a small wave with my hand.

“Hey guys,” I said again. “I thought you’d be down for breakfast by now—we’re going to be late.”

I tried my damned best to avoid looking at Harry, but he was the one who answered. “Actually, today’s shoot is over.”

“What? Why?” I frowned.

He sent me a look, which clearly explained how gullible I was being. He grabbed a coffee mug and took a sip. “Well, it’s postponed until tonight, at least.”