Take 4 - Something Great

A/N: Please comment as you read. It'll mean the world to me.

Everything was moving according to the plan. It was a bit overwhelming at first—there were people everywhere, speaking an odd lingo, which I didn’t understand. After a while, I realized it wasn’t of any concern to me and stopped worrying. I was proving to have way more fun than I’d originally planned. Meeting the crew, listening to their past adventures in movies, and meeting the producers of the soundstudio was all amazing.

Sure, life on a movie-set was hectic too; I had been in danger of tripping over other people, cords, stationary equipment, and at one incredible awkward moment, I even tripped over my own foot.

Lucky for me, nobody noticed my monumental fail. Marcus tried to hide his grin, and I sent him my best if-looks-could-kill glare. It was his fault! He had made me walk in these death-traps.

It had taken a while before I stopped grumbling. However, when wardrobe suggested some black converse sneakers for my role, my mood instantly lifted.

After that, Marcus dragged me from the costume stylist and over to make-up and hair.

“Is this really necessary?” I asked, gesturing to the cloud of hairspray around my hair. Coughing exaggeratedly, I tried to sit as still as possible.

“Don’t be a baby, Milla,” Marcus said. His eyes widened as he realized he’d used Ludmilla’s pet name, but I didn’t comment on it—much to his relief.

“I’m not a baby.”

“You’re not?” Marcus crossed his arms. “Right now, every actor here is going through the same process, but you’re the only one complaining.”

I narrowed by eyes at him. “I’m not complaining—much.”

He smiled at that.

Turning away from him, I noticed a new shape in my peripheral vision. Checking it naturally, I saw Ludmill—I mean… my co-actors.

Just as Marcus had predicted, they were getting the same treatment. Their mouth moved, but I was too far away to hear what they were saying; it wasn’t my business anyway.

I stared at myself in the mirror and sighed. It made no sense that I had to sit still for over twenty minutes just to end up looking like I wasn’t wearing any make-up. I didn’t mind the clothes, though. My role had style.  

“Are you ready?”

Not recognizing the voice, I looked away from the mirror and over to the side. There, the director’s assistant tapped her clipboard with the tip of her pen and sent me a nervous smile. Her long red hair cascaded in front of her face, and she hid behind a large pair of glasses and too long bangs.

I glanced around after Marcus, realizing he must have slipped away. In a moment of desperation, I wasn’t sure what to do, but as I looked at the flimsy woman, I rose from the chair.

“Sure,” I said and followed her across the set.

Her name was Julia, but I hadn’t really gotten any chance to talk to her yet. I had made it my personal goal to be as nice and friendly as I could be—it’d be my contribution to making the shooting run as smooth as possible.

She walked fast, her stare firmly fixated on the floor. I was about to ask if there was something I could do for her, when I heard someone yell my name… Or, well. They yelled Ludmilla’s name.

Waving at them, I saw Julia smile vaguely before she disappeared into the crowd of people again. Confused, I looked around, noticing several people staring and pointing at me with various expressions on their faces.