Take 25 - Tell Me a Lie - Part 4

A/N: Please comment as you read. It cheers me on ridiculously much.

We all stared at Harry in silence. He looked absolutely gorgeous in his boxers and a white t-shirt. His brown curls somehow seemed even curlier right now, and I had to fight the urge to walk over and run my hands through them.

I was fairly sure that the other members of the band didn’t share my thoughts, but they were just as quiet as I was. Maybe they were afraid of his reaction.

“Well?” Harry said. “What’s going on?”

I took a deep breath, laughing nervously. “It’s nothing, really. Just a few stupid rumors.” I shrugged, trying to look like I didn’t care.

“What kind of rumors?” Harry narrowed his eyes.

I bit my lip. “Nothing serious… Don’t worry about it.”

“Tell me,” he said and turned to Louis. “What’s going on?”

Louis sighed. “Cami saw something that startled her yesterday, and she froze up. I put my hands around her to guide her up to the room, and some photographer snapped a picture.” He threw his hands out. “Now there’s rumors about her two-timing us.”

Harry frowned. “They already know you’re with Elle.”

“You know what they say about that.” Louis rolled his eyes.

Harry turned to me again. “Are you okay? What startled you?”

I shook my head. “Don’t want to talk about it—it’s over now.” That wasn’t a lie; I honestly never wanted to think about that sign again. I’d still have to find a moment to call Ludmilla and tell her an update on everything.

“Okay,” Harry said. “I respect that. Can I see these rumors then?”

Zayn walked over to give him the newspaper. “It’s bullshit, man.”

Harry didn’t reply, just looked at the front page before he read the article. A small smile played at his lips, and he looked up at Louis. “Guess we really have to fight over her, huh?”

Louis rolled his eyes.

“Nah,” Harry said. “Don’t worry about it. I have a plan.”

This piqued my interest. What kind of plan? “Yeah?” I said.

He nodded. “Yes, we just need to get through this for a few days, then we’re all set.”

“Care to let us in on your little plan?” Liam asked. “It’s not that I don’t trust you, but we should probably make sure we’re on one page if any of us is cornered.”

Harry nodded. “Good point.” He grinned. “I’m going to tell them that Cami and I are dating.”

A unanimous what echoed throughout the entire suite. I wasn’t as surprised, but still I stared at him with an open mouth. How was that a plan?

He wasn’t affected, though. Shrugging, he nodded to me. “She agreed to let me take her on a real date—tonight. So I won’t be lying when I reveal it all at the press-conference before the concert.”

Tonight? He hadn’t actually mentioned the time and date—not that I minded. I tried to remember if there was anything holding me back from going with him, but nothing came to mind.

“Are you sure about this?” Liam asked. “No offense, Cami.”

I held up my hands. “None taken. I was wondering the same thing.”

Harry shrugged. “It might be a bit premature, but I think it’s the best solution. It’ll take some of the heat off you guys for a bit, and hopefully, it’ll make the fans see that Cami is a straight up girl.”

Louis walked over to him. “I know where you’re coming from, but there’s no way back if you do this. There will be a lot of focus on you and Cami after a stunt like that.”

“I can handle it.” He smiled at me. “And I’ll help Cami deal with it too.”

I grinned back at him. The contest would be over soon, and then I could tell him everything. It would be perfect. We’d have to deal with the heat for only a few days, then everyone would be talking about the movie, and how everyone thought I was Ludmilla.

As long as I made sure to tell Harry before he found out in some weird way, then it might actually sort itself out.

“I think I can find a way to cope with dating you,” I said. Walking over to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck. He brought his lips down to mine, and I got a perfect morning smooch to take away all of the stress.

Harry would handle everything.

“Yuck,” Niall said. “Get a room you guys.”

We laughed at him, and I untangled myself from around him.

“So,” Harry said. “Is everyone okay with the plan then?”

The other guys shrugged. It wouldn’t affect them directly, and no one had any other plan that could work. It was the best we got, and furthermore if someone did come up with anything better we still had some time to figure it out a new way to deal with the rumors.

“I’m starving,” Liam said. “Want to go down for breakfast?”

Harry and Niall agreed instantly, and after a small amount of coaxing, Zayn and Louis agreed, as well.

“I have to make a phone call first,” I said. “But I’ll join you downstairs in no time.”

I looked up at Harry, who kissed my forehead. “Come quick,” he said.

“I’ll do my best.” I smiled.

After watching Harry jump into a pair of shorts, the suite emptied out pretty quickly. Guess they must have been famished all of them.

I felt odd to be alone in the suite, but I knew it was needed. Walking into the green room, I searched my suitcase for my mobile phone. When I finally located it, I brought it with me to the bed. Sitting down, I took a couple of breaths.

If this were going to work, I had to be calm about it. I knew that Ludmilla would take the news about Harry and me pretty well. It was the other news, the rumors and the additional hate I brought her that was an issue.

I checked the time, realizing it was almost 2AM back home, but I had to try. Stupid time zones.

With one last deep breath, I finally picked up the phone and found Ludmilla’s name.

 A/N: We're only like... six votes away from 3000 in total. Yaay. Then I'll reveal to you what the sequel is names. Hopefully, it'll make you more interested, and it might even give you a hint of how this story ends. Nevertheless, I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

So if all goes well, next update will include the title. Woot. Give this a vote, maybe? Also, this is the third update so far. Seven more to go to reach my goal. Cheer me on, babes <3