Chapter 2: New Power, Old Tricks

Delsin could hear the News on the TV, then slowly flutter his eyes open and found himself in the Longhouse. He then slowly sat up. -The Boi-terrorist threat is NOT over, what more proof do you need than the current situation in Seattle, where we've had to deploy nearly two thousand D.U.P. troops in an attempt to capture-- Delsin places his hand on his leg and then looks down seeing that the spikes were gone. -Excuse me, don't you mean "RE-capture"? After all, these three did escape from the D.U.P.'s detention facility at Curdun Cay with the help of another Bio-terrorist-- This Bio-terrorist escaped while in the custody of the MILITARY with the aid of another Bio-terrorist-"

Then everything came rushing back to Delsin, "Betty..." he mutters as he stood up to his feet and started to walk, -The D.U.P hasn't had a signal escape in seven years, but the army manages to lose three of them in less than an hour with the help of another that has cunningly evaded us for seven years. Let me be clear, D.U.P is innocent in the matter.- Delsin walks along the path as he saw that a lot of people had concrete spiking out of their bodies. "What the hell is going on here?" Delsin asks himself, seeing that the Longhouse was holding the injured. "They turn the Longhouse into a hospital?" he questions, walking past closed curtains. "How long have I been out?" he asks himself. "Turn that damn thing off. People are sleeping here." a man shouts out and Delsin came up to somebody's scans.

"Oh my god. How can anyone do this? How many people did she hurt?" he questions and walks away from the body's scans. Then he saw a shrine for one of the passes. "And no one could stop her?" Delsin questions as he was frustrated. Then he saw the one person that he was most worried about. "Oh my god... Betty," he said and jogs up to her. "Delsin dear, you're awake," she said with a smile. He just looks at her leg. "So, did Augustine do this to you?" he asks her, she nods and held her hand out to him. "Yeah, what did you think I was going to rat you out ornery trot?" she questions him as he took her hand and sat down next to her. He tries to put to smile. "Besides, at the time it seemed all the cool kids were getting their legs pierced," she tells him with a smile. Delsin looks out as the close curtains, "So that means everyone here-?" he asks her, she then tugs at his hand, making him look at her, "We're Akomish. We protect our own." she tells him, Delsin just exhales as he hung his head. "One no here blames you for what happened." she informs him, "Yeah..." he said with a scoff, "Neither should you," she tells him, Delsin just felt ashamed that his people were in pain because of him.

Then Betty places her other hand on his shoulder, making him look at her, "Can't be ashamed of what you are. Can't help it. You were born that way." she tells him, "All that matters is... I'm one of them now." he tells her, thinking that he was a monster. "You are not one of those... beady-eyed Bio-terrorists. Who goes around killing people higgledy-piggledy. You're a good boy... just happen to have smoke coming out of your fingers." she informs, trying to make him laugh. Delsin pulls his hand away as Betty places hers on his arm, "It's the whole reason while we're in this is smoke coming out of my fingers." he tells her. She just shook his arm, "Hey... don't go down that road." she tells him and he looks at her. "If you're going to be such a buzzkill, I'm going to have to go back to sleep, because I need my rest so that I can get better and get on my feet again. And I can rest now cause you're awake. Now don't you worry, I'm going to be fine. Really... you'll see." she tells him and falls asleep.

Delsin just looks around and then back at her, he gently moves her hands and places them down, then stood up and leans over her, "I'll fix this." he promises her and kisses her on the forehead. Then he walks away as he needed a plan to save his people. Then Reggie steps inside. "Oh man, Delsin... dammit, I thought we were going to lose you there," Reggie tells him as he wraps his arms around his younger brother. "A little concrete in the legs? It's gonna take more than that." Delsin tells him as he walks over to the cabinet, "Well, glad to see 'fast healing' seems to be apart of your new... 'thing'. Speaking of which, the craziness... with the hands? Is that gone?" Reggie asks him and Delsin opens the cabinet, "I don't know man... there's no smoking in the Longhouse, remember?" Delsin jokes a little as he pulls on his sneakers and ties them.