Chapter 38 - Regret

"You sure your going to be alright by yourself." Lisa pulled away from the hug as the stopped beside Jennie's driveway. "You can sleep over at my house you know?"

"If you want." Jungkook offered from the front seat. "I can kick his ass and his dick, really hard."

"No it's alright." Jennie sniffled as she shrugged her coat on. "Plus he didn't anything wrong, I'm just being a pathetic bitch anyways."

"Jennie, your nothing but pathetic." Jungkook immediately interrupted just as Jennie was about to open the car door. "This just showed you the power of being in love."

"Love?" She questioned.

"Jennie, your in love with him." Jungkook continued. "And I'd be surprised if he didn't feel the same way, the subtle looks he gives you, the smile every time he sees you coming towards him. Please don't tell me you really don't think that he's not in love with you."

"Jungkook, he made it pretty obvious." Jennie watched her house from afar, her mind else where. "I mean he has a girlfriend for fuck's sake."

"Give him a chance for an explanation." Jungkook advised. "I know you don't want to because your too scared to let him know that your only weakness is him."

"But don't do something you'd regret for the rest of your life."

"Nevertheless I'm sorry about putting you in this situation." Jungkook sighed. "Please forgive me Jennie."

"It's not your fault, Jungkook." Jennie smiled bitterly. "It was bound to come out sooner or later."

"Jen, call me before you go to sleep." Lisa gave the girl a quick hug. "I want to know if your alright."

"Sure." Jennie mumbled before she rushed out of the door to her house, no longer able to hold the second set of tears threatening to fall out of her eyes.

...

"Noona, can you help me with this question?" Jihoon knocked on her door, obviously unaware of the muffled sniffles under the bed covers.

"I'm not feeling too well, Jihoon." She manages to mumble a reply. "Ask Jiyong oppa."

Five minutes later, the door unlocked and in walked Yoona; with a thin smile on her face and a cup of tea.

Before Jennie could even make up an excuse for her older sister to get up, Yoona cut to the chase.

"I know you don't want to talk right now, Jen."

Jennie nodded in agreement underneath her bed covers.

"But keeping it all inside isn't going to help anyone, especially you."

Jennie sighed as she removed the bed covers off her and sat up in her bed, patting her older sister to sit beside her.

"I saw Taehyung with another girl today."

Yoona inhaled a sharp breath. "Jennie, that probably doesn't mean anything."

"He said it was his girlfriend." Jennie narrowed her eyes.

Yoona's face fell. She knew Jennie and Taehyung were very close and over the past few weeks, when Taehyung had come over for his tutor sessions, Yoona didn't miss the big grin on Jennie's face every time her entered and the sad grimace when he left.

She was in love and Yoona who had experienced it before, knew exactly what to do.

"Jennie, you have to talk to him."

Jennie's sharp face after that told Yoona that she was going to do exactly the opposite from that.

"Look, I'll tell you a story." Yoona sighed, as she lay beside Jennie. "A few years ago, I was a senior."

"I didn't have much friends and everyone either used me for my brain or my looks."

Jennie looked at her sister, reminding herself of Yoona's exceeding intelligence and beauty."

"Then one day, a new boy walked into school." Yoona continued. "He stole the attention, with his golden boy charm and visuals."

"What was his name?" Jennie asked, although it would be of no relevance to her.

"Taecyeon." She whispered, almost as if it was painful for her to even say the name. "I didn't really know him too well apart from the fact that we were the same age and in the same dance class."

"He reached out to me, in fact. We become closer, due to his stubbornness at getting closer to me and my curiosity as to why such a popular guy was talking to someone like me."

"Our favourite place to hang out was the secluded dance practice room in the corner of the school." Yoona smiled as if she was thinking back to the memory. "It was where we talked about our dreams and such, about how I wanted to be an actress but the problem of leaving my siblings alone was too much of an issuer that I couldn't and how he wanted to be an idol, but he feared he wouldn't make it."

"We talked like this every day for around six whole months and at this point, I knew I fell too dee with him."

"The only problem was that he didn't feel the same way." Jennie turned to her sister, confused.

"How do you know that he didn't like you back?" Jennie asked the question her sister knew was coming.

"That's the thing." Yoona turned to look at Jennie as she caressed her cheeks. "I didn't know because I never told him and I just assumed there were no feelings."

"But there might have been a chance that he actually like me back but I never talked him, avoided myself away from him, forced away anything I ever felt towards him." Then Yoona looked carefully in her sister's eyes. "And I still regret it to this day."

And that very night, Jennie made sure that her window was open wide. So that a certain figure would be able to climb through.

Wattpad was being very annoying and basically deleted everything I'd written anytime I'd try and write this chapter.

Like this is my second time writing this speech at the bottom.

Also this chapter is full Taennie content because Taennie are the only ones not together.