Chapter 28 - Three more to go

Nancy watched the red-haired girl
run out of the canteen corridors, a triumphant smile fixed on her face.

It was all a lie.

Of course, Chaeyoung didn't steal the necklace. She knew that perfectly because she herself had placed the necklace into her bag. Nancy happened to be in the right place at the right time, as she absent mindly eavesdropped on Jimin's and Chaeyoung's conversation. Chaeyoung has just revealed her feelings to Jimin and ran off, leaving Jimin flabbergasted. Her mind worked like clocks and before she knew it, her latest plot came into plan. Jooe stole the necklace from Jimin's bag and Nancy put it into the secret pouch, later acting as if she didn't know where it was until the last minute.

"What the hell are you still doing here?" Jennie spoke up, her eyes glaring at Nancy. Lisa, who was closet to Chaeyoung, left to go find the girl.

"I think you guys owe me something." She grinned.

"We don't owe you anything." Jennie's nostrils flared, her hand resisting the urge to punch her smiling face.

"Jennie, darling, I just proved you friend is a thief." Nancy stood, unbothered by Jennie. "She always seemed a bit fishy, that one."

"Say that one more time, I fucking dare you." Jennie stood level with Nancy.

"Thief." The words came out, nice and slowly from the green-haired girl's mouth.

"You little bitch." Jennie charged forward, her fist held out to slam the side of her cheek. Her fist was just about to make contact before a strong hand stopped it, forcefully pulling it away.

"Let go." Jennie screamed, trying to escape the stronghold of Taehyung who tried to contain her. "I swear I will kill her."

"It's not worth it." Taehyung calmly whispered in her ear. "Do you really want her to be satisfied with you getting expelled?"

Jennie finally stopped at those words, instead sending a death glare towards Nancy before stepping away.

"Thanks." Nancy smiled sweetly at Taehyung, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "If you didn't stop her Tae Tae, who knows what would have happened to me."

"You have no right to say my name, nevertheless call me by a nickname." Taehyung's deep voice stared her down. "I was only saving Jennie from getting excluded."

Nancy's face fell at that. She huffed at that before grabbing Jooe, who was shocked at everything that enfolded, leaving the canteen.

Once the snake left, Jennie abruptly turned towards Jimin. Her face red with anger.

"You." She accusingly pointed at him. "You really think Chae would actually steal."

Jimin's face fell a bit before he put a confident, strong face upfront. "The necklace was found in her bag, what else am I supposed to believe?"

"You've broken your relationship with her." Jennie said. "When you finally figure out Chae is innocent, don't come running back to her because I swear to god, I won't let you."

"Fine." Jimin defiantly answered.

"And all of you." Jennie pointed at the rest of the Elite, standing cowardly behind their seats at the table. "Your all fucking cowards, you should have done something when that green headed snake was framing Chae."

They all hung their heads in shame.

"Jennie." Taehyung tried to reach out for the brunette but she adamantly refused.

"Fuck off." She said, before storming out the canteen.

"I better go and calm her down." Jisoo excused herself, before running out the corridors to find Jennie.

"There's nothing for you all to be looking at here." Namjoon shouted to the rest of the students who were keenly watching. They immediately turned back to each other, the silence that was held a few seconds ago gone.

"Jimin, I think we need to talk about this somewhere else." Jin tried to talk to him.

"There's nothing to talk about." Jimin coldly shrugged him off. He sat down in his seat and turned to the ramyeon in front on him. "Let's eat."

...

"Chae, please come out." Lisa banged against the toilet door. Once Chaeyoung had ran out of the canteen, Lisa at once followed her. Chaeyoung had quickly ran into to the toilets and locked herself in there, the only sound coming out were her muffled cries. "He's not worth crying over."

No response apart from a few heavy deep breaths.

"Chae, you know you didn't do it, us girls know you didn't do it and that's all you need to have to keep your head held up high." Lisa advised, leaning against the toilet door.

"But Jimin thinks I did it." She murmured, her voice coming very faintly. "I know, I shouldn't be crying over him but you can't decide who your feelings go towards."

"Don't worry." Lisa said. "I'll be here for you to get over him."

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted him." Chaeyoung whispered, mostly to herself. "He's a fuckboy after all, of course he wouldn't get with the school's nerd."

"There's nothing wrong with being the smartest." Lisa interrupted. "Some people would kill for that ability."

Finally the opening of the door was heard and Lisa abruptly stood up, only to welcome Chaeyoung with welcoming arms.

"Thanks Lisa." Chaeyoung smiled.

"The truth always comes out in the end, Chae." Lisa smiled at her warmly.

...

It was new, fresh day at school. Except it didn't feel like it at all.

The girls had all stayed over at Chaeyoung's house yesterday night, giving her support and listening to her rants whenever she needed it. The boys except from Jimin had sent their apologies to Chaeyoung on the group chat, feeling guilty and bad.

Now they walked into school together, their heads held up high as all the students turned one by one to watch them entering.

"Did you see what happened yesterday, it was all over social media?"

"Can you believe Chaeyoung did that to Jimin?"

"I always knew she wasn't good for him."

"Jennie showed her true colours as well, she's a bloody gangster."

"I nearly thought Nancy was going to die."

They ignored the whispers as decided before they came to school and went to their lockers. Nancy and Jooe who were in the far corner, watched the girl's every movement.

"What a shame?" Nancy pouted. "The supreme is no longer famous anymore."

"Shouldn't we stop doing this, Nancy?" Jooe whispered into her ear. She was scared and she felt bad for Chaeyoung, the girl didn't deserve all this hate.

Nancy swivelled her head to give the girl a death glare. "You can't pull out now, Jooe, especially when your already involved."

"But..." Jooe pleaded.

"Too late." Nancy interrupted. She paused for a minute, carefully watching Jisoo.

"One down, three more to go."

Whilst the two girls bickered about the plan and wanting to be a part of it, Joy listened carefully from behind, her ears fixated on every word that came out of their mouths.

Nancy was delusional and it was time for the whole school to see that.