Chapter 22 - All is resolved

"Do you understand." Lisa asked for the fifth time.

"Yes." The boy beside her replied. He looked at the textbook in front of him, the confusing numbers not making any sense.

"Be honest." Lisa warned.

"Okay, no." Jungkook sighed, slamming his head down on the textbook. "It's just so difficult, why do schools even do maths in the first place?"

Jungkook and Lisa, as decided, met in the library. At first, both were speaking non-stop. Jungkook filling in Lisa of all the details of what happened to Jennie's brother and how Taehyung and her weren't on good terms at the moment. Then it was Lisa's turn who told Jungkook of everything she had seen this morning between Jimin and Seulgi. After all this news, Lisa strictly started teaching him maths but as she expected, it wasn't going to plan.

"How about we try this a different way." Lisa suggested, scribbling down something on a piece of paper.

"I bet you I still won't get it." Jungkook said, slamming a £5 note on the table.

"The bet is on." Lisa smirked, knowing she was going to win with what she had planned.

...

Jennie stood staring at her bedroom wall, her mind fixtated on last night's events. Yoona and Jihoon were still at the hospital since Jiyong hadn't been discharged. They kept calling her but she turned her phone on silent and chucked it to the corner of her room. Taehyung also made a few calls but she forced herself to ignore them, as promised.

She exhaled a long breath.

Nothing was going as expected. These past few days were like torture for her. Everyday
something just had to make her feel sick, angry, annoyed. If she wasn't so stubborn into pressuring her brother into revealing his secret, then maybe she could have been there for Jiyong when he needed her. As much as she tried to get the fact that her older brother and a close friend was in a gang together, she couldn't believe it. They kill people. They murder them, causing chaos and destruction for anyone around them. She partly blamed her parents. If they had been here for their children, then maybe Jiyong wouldn't have to resort to getting stuck in a gang. The brunette knew her older brother didn't have a choice into being a part of it. Maybe she was acting too selfish. Maybe she was being a bit of a brat.

She sighed.

She got up and grabbed her phone, ignoring all the notifications that had come through her phone all night yesterday. Jennie made her up mind to go see her older brother and apologise, she would try to understand his situation. But there was still one problem she hadn't found a solution to.

And that problem goes by the name of Taehyung.

Jennie has replayed all the words she had expressed to him and she herself found it too harsh. She was curious as to why he was in the gang. I mean, everyone had a reason to be in a gang. She banged her head against her bed, falling against her duvet. After all this, Jennie still couldn't keep away from Taehyung. It's like he had something about him, that always made her run back to him.

Knock, knock.

Something jolted her awake from her bed, Jennie immediately turned to where the noise came from, a dark figure standing outside her windowsill. She cautiously approached the windowsill, grabbing her maths textbook that Taehyung taught her with. With an item equipped in her hand, she quickly turned on her flashlight on her phone and pointed it towards the window.

A hooded figure stood outside, his face easily recognisable to Jennie.

Kim fucking Taehyung

She thought about leaving Taehyung out there and just ignoring him but seeing the weather outside and how he was shivering, she went against her thought.

"What do you want, Tae?" She coldly asked him, walking back to her bed. Taehyung climbed himself in before closing the window and taking a seat on the windowsill.

"Look, I didn't come here for me." Taehyung said, with his pleading eyes. "I came here about your brother."

Jennie sighed, thinking. "Fine you have 5 minutes and that's it."

Taehyung took a deep breath before beginning. "As you already know, Jiyong hyung and I are in a gang. Yes, we have killed a few people but they are very bad people who will hurt others if not trapped. Jiyong was against everything, in fact, now we have only killed one person ever since a Jiyong became leader. He's only doing it to protect you and you family. Put yourself in his position, would you watch your whole family do die, knowing you could have done something to help. So don't take it out on him, if anything, take it out on me."

Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut, his hands held up in a defensive position. "Now, you can hit me or do whatever you want to me."

He waited before hearing Jennie chuckling.

"Why are you laughing?" He confusedly asked, his eyes doubtful of Jennie's every move.

"I was just about to go forgive Jiyong oppa before you interrupted me." Jennie laughed. "I guess your right although I would hate to admit it. Now, come with me to the hospital."

Taehyung was about to decline, before he saw Jennie's daring look.

"You did say I can beat you up all I want." She challenged.

Taehyung smirked. It was not that bad to go spend some time with Kim Jennie. He actually kind of enjoyed spending time with the fiery brunette.

"Alright, lets go." He agreed.

...

"Never thought I would say this, Manoban." Jungkook smiled. "But your fucking awesome."

Lisa smirked, waving her blonde hair about. "It's about time you noticed."

Jungkook's eyes widened in wonder. "I mean, I can actually pass my test now, you explained it so well."

"Who knew that maths and football could actually work together?" Lisa said, laughing. Then her smiled was gone and it was replaced with a stern look. She held out her hand, waiting.

"Pay up, Jeon." She said.

"Only this one time." Jungkook grumbled, slapping the £5 onto her hand. His hand sent shivers down Lisa's spine.

This wasn't like Lisa. She noticed all these different things she was doing. Her eyes lingered on Jungkook for longer than she was supposed to, she always felt a missing presence when he wasn't with her, her hand craved any sort of skin-ship with him. Maybe she was....

No, it was impossible. She used to hate him, although they were past that stage, she thought they would be friends.

But Lisa knew she didn't want to be friends.

She wanted to be more.

"Lisa." Jungkook waved his hand in front of her face. "Earth to Manoban."

"Jungkook..." The blonde girl whispered, her face coming closer. "Don't hate me for this."

And with those last words, she pulled the boy in and crashed her lips onto him. At first, Jungkook's lips were unresponsive, mostly due to the shock. But after a few seconds, he started kissing her back much to Lisa's relief. Jungkook could feel her rosy scent as he travelled his fingers down her jawline and then hooked them onto her waist, pulling her onto him. Lisa quickly wrapped her legs around him, moving her hands to tug at his hair.

"Lisa." He breathed, breaking away and pushing their foreheads together. "You have no fucking idea what your doing to me."

Guys, I've been trying to post my actively since it's the summer holidays.

Thanks so much for 10k.