Chapter 20 - The operation begins

"Why did you drag me here again?" Lisa whined to Chaeyoung who was dragging her along the pathway to her house.

"Because I need help and you were the only one available." Chaeyoung continued dragging the annoyed girl along, unlocking her front door and pulling her towards to her room.

"What happened to the other two?" Lisa slumped onto her bed, yawning. "Because I have other important stuff to address to."

"Jennie's not picking up and Jisoo is out with Jin." Chaeyoung said. "Does the important stuff have anything to do with Jungkook?"

Lisa eyes widened. "What, with Jeon, no fucking way."

Chaeyoung laughed at her friend's apparent blush. "Jungkook told Jimin all the details of the little ice cream date you two went on and Jimin obviously filled me in."

Lisa shot up, glaring at her red haired friend. "For the last time it wasn't a date, it was payment for Jungkook copying off me in the maths test."

"That's what they all say." Chaeyoung muttered, chuckling.

"Your one to talk." Lisa interrupted, pointing a finger accusingly at Chaeyoung. "You and lover boy have been getting it on these past few days."

"Lover boy?" Chae asked confused.

"Jimin, obviously." Lisa filled in for her.

"What, no?" Chaeyoung denied, laughing at the idea. "He likes my sister, Seulgi, remember."

"That was such a long time ago, surely he's still not caught up over her." Lisa said, peering at Chaeyoung's subtle frown.

"He is." Chaeyoung replied. "But that's why your here today."

"Me?" Lisa pointed towards herself.

"Yes you, dumb ass." Chaeyoung said, walking over to her desk and scribbling away on a piece of paper.

"Operation Jimin getting back with Seulgi is officially taking place now." She declared, holding up a sign with the words written in bold.

"And how do you think we're going to do that." Lisa pointed out. "I mean, your sister is going out with Taeyong."

"Taeyong is easy to get rid of." Chaeyoung waved her hand. Then she pondered hard, her pen scribbling away on a piece of paper. "It's just Seulgi that's the problem, she won't budge when it comes to seeing Jimin again."

"So how exactly is this operation going to work." Lisa queried. "I mean if Jimin can't see Seulgi, then what's the point of it all.

"Well," Chaeyoung mischievously smiled, hiding something. She pulled out her phone from the back pocket of her jeans and shook her phone in front of Lisa's face. "I invited Jimin to our house when Seulgi's mean to be coming home for a "family dinner"."

"Your having a family dinner?" Lisa asked, surprised that her father was back from his business trip.

Chaeyoung laughed, a hint of mischief in her eyes. "No, I just made that up."

"Chae, you can't just do that." Lisa reprimanded. She was about to continue telling her red-haired friend off until a sharp ring could be heard from downstairs.

Followed by a series of never stopping rings.

"Calm down, people." Chae shouted, rushing down the staircase, Lisa following closely behind. "I'm coming."

As the footsteps got closer, loud voices could be heard from outside. One male and the other female, both shouting at the other.

Chaeyoung and Lisa both looked at each other in panic.

"Oh shit." They chorused, before opening the door wide open and facing what they did not expect to happen.

...

"What the fuck are we actually doing, Jinnie." Jisoo whispered, her eye peeking through the door hole as she watched Jin's dad movements.

"We need to see what my dad is up to." Jin responded, pushing Jisoo playfully out of the way and taking his place in front of the door. "This is my dad's penthouse outside of the city, he doesn't know I know about it, so we better be careful."

"Look, he's talking to someone on the phone." Jisoo pointed out, her ear on the door.

"Yeah, his business calls." Jin answered. He took out his phone to amuse himself, bored.

"Jin," Jisoo whined, slapping the phone out of his hand. "I think it's a woman."

"What?" Jin was surprised, rushing to put his head against the door. "Maybe it's the one he was having an affair with."

"Yes, I'll make sure to have signed the document this week." Mr Kim nodded, pacing around the living room with one phone held between his ear whilst his hands busied itself with signing documents. He paused for a second, waiting for the response on the other end of the phone call.

"Don't worry, I don't think Jin knows about it yet." He continued. "He didn't want to be in an arranged marriage in the first place, so it would be good news for Jisoo and him."

Jin and Jisoo turned to look at each other, the shock evident on their faces.

"He can't do that." Jisoo complained, worryingly." "The contract was meant to last at least 3 years."

"And it's only been about 1 year." Jin confirmed.

"Look, the kids won't find out anything about this." Mr Kim reassured the lady on the call with him. "Darling, Jisoo won't find out about anything, she trusts her mother and you would be the last person she would suspect."

"Jisoo?" Jin questioned. He didn't know why her name was being involved in all this business.

Jisoo paused, taking a deep breath.

"Jin, I think my mom is marrying your dad."

...

"Your what?" Jennie stuttered, her chair creaking backwards as she abruptly stood up and walked backwards.

"Stop Jennie, it's not at bad as you think." Jiyong tried to calm Jennie down and stop her from running out of the room. His heart rate increased, a significant uprising in his blood pressure.

"Your in a gang, oppa." She repeated, not believing that her brother was involved in illegal and scandalous business. "How else am I supposed to react?"

"I knew this would happen." Jiyong worriedly said, rubbing his hands down his face. "I should have never told you."

"Never told me." Jennie raised her voice. "So you were going to keep me in the dark my whole life about you being in a gang."

"A gang is not as bad as you think, Jennie." Jiyong tried to reassure his sister.

"Oppa, do you even know what you do." Her voice at a raging level. "Your murder people, for fuck's sake."

"What's going on here?" Yoona asked from the doorway. She saw Jiyong awake and rushed away to him at once, pulling him into a hug. Jihoon followed her actions, tightening his arms around his older brother.

"Ask the gang leader." Jennie retorted before storming outside of the hospital room.

Taehyung eventually caught sight of her and came up to her, asking if she was okay.

"Are you alright, the doctor informed me of the good news." Taehyung smiled. Jennie didn't return it back.

Instead Jennie's icy glare locked into Taehyung's hazel eyes. She smirked a bigger smile, a cold and frosty aura coming from her.

"If I ever see you or you try to talk to me again, I will kill you."

Then she walked off, leaving a confused Taehyung behind her. She stopped for a second turning back around,

"You want to know why?" Jennie said. "Because I don't associate myself with murderers like you."