Chapter 15 - Meeting the family

"Jennie, open the door." Yoona commanded from the kitchen. She just finished making dinner, an extra meal included for the supposed tutor that was supposed to arrive for Jennie today. The meal consisted of: bulgogi, ddukbokki, samgyeopsal and kimichi. Jiyong had told his siblings before that he wouldn't be able to make it dinner since he has work until late.

"Noona, who is it?" Jihoon asked, making his way into the kitchen and grinning upon the various dishes presented in front of him.

"It's meant to be Jennie's tutor." Yoona answered, giving her little brother a taste of the stew she was currently in the midst of making.

"Tutor?" Jihoon laughed, pointing at Jennie running down the stairs to the front door. "She must be stupid."

"Shut up, Jihoon-ah." Jennie rushed to open the front door. Miss Nayeon had informed her that her tutor would be teaching the first lesson today at her house but she had no clue who it was. Her hands fumbled with the front door as she twisted it and opened the door, greeting the new face with a wide smile. "Hi, welcome to my..."

Then her eyes met with the familiar ones she had seen plenty of times before. He too, took a step back, surprised to see the one girl he had least been expecting to tutor.

"Taehyung?" Jennie voice came out squeakily. She was beyond shocked. "Your my tutor?"

His confused expression was masked with a cold look in a split second. "This is your house, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then it kind of makes it obvious that I'm your tutor."

Jennie took a step back, allowing the boy to enter the mansion. It wasn't bigger than his house so he was quite familiar with this house. He humbly took off his shoes and made his way into Jennie's abode, following after her.

"Let's go to my room." Jennie told Taehyung, leading him up the marbled staircase. "It's too loud downstairs with my brother playing and my sister cooking."

"You have three siblings?" He asked, surprised. "I though Jiyong hyung was the only one."

"Hyung?" Jennie questioned, turning to face him. It was weirder that her brother's name was coming from Taehyung's mouth. "How close are you two?"

"More than you think." He subtly replied. "Now are we going to enter your room or what?"

It was then the brunette realised they had made their way up two flights of stairs and ended up outside of a pink door, easily recognisable with the graffitied Jennie on it.

"Wouldn't your parents tell you off for this." Taehyung pointed towards the black graffiti across the door.

"They're not around much." Jennie answered, her usually loud voice turning quite. "Jiyong oppa and Yoona unnie are kind of my parents."

Taehyung nodded in understanding, knowing from experience to not dwell on the subject. He too felt as a parent to his younger sister, Yeri. They entered the room and Jennie excused herself to go to the bathroom quickly. She left Taehyung in her room and told him to make himself at home.

Taehyung eyes scanned the bedroom. It was nothing you would expect from the sassy and stubborn girl he was meant to teach and on many occasions, encountered her wrath. Instead, a sky blue colour filled the walls of the big bedroom with a white marbled pattern to cover the floor. It seemed like whoever had designed this mansion, wanted everything to have marble in it. There was a queen-sized bed in the corner with lots of plushie toys filling it. A long desk on the side, full of her school books and written homework. A vanity close to the desk, which contained her makeup and normal things that would get her ready for her normal day out. In the other corner was a door which Taehyung discovered lead to her walk in closet. But these weren't the things that surprised or fascinated the boy the most. Instead his eyes automatically were drawn to the little window seat, where it seemed like the girl sat and watched the beautiful view which now consisted of the sunset. She had a couple of pictures on the sill, a picture of her siblings and her and also a picture of Jennie with her parents.