Chapter 18 - Operation Jimin

"So how's things holding up with your dad." Jimin was sitting next to Chaeyoung in English and since the teacher had left for an urgent matter, he decided this was the time to chat to his partner.

"Seulgi is back home and my dad is off on another one of his business trips, so I guess everything is alright now." Chaeyoung calmly responded.

"Did Seulgi explain where she was all this time?" Jimin curiously asked.

"Something about work and then she gave a whole speech about how sorry she was?" Chaeyoung's pencil dug into her book as the lead broke off. "Didn't give into her bullshit though."

"Oh, I'm sure things will be alright." Jimin reassured. Chaeyoung turned her head to look at him, accusingly. She peered into the blush forming on his cheeks.

"You still like her, don't you?"

Jimin's eyes widened as he leant back, his hands shaking nervously. He grabbed Hosoek's water bottle behind him and chugged the whole bottle down, not caring about Hoseok's glare coming from behind.

"No Chae, you've got the wrong idea." Jimim flusterdly replied.

Chaeyoung smiles, giggling. "It's alright, I won't tell her."

Jimin sighed a deep breath of relief. He put his hands to his chest, taking deep breaths in and out.

"Thank you."

"But, I call for an operation." Chaeyoung suggested.

"What operation?" Jimin questioned, confused.

"Operation: Jimin get back with my sister." Chaeyoung replied in a "duh" tone.

Jimin eyes widened as he went panic mode. "No no need for that, I'm sure I'll get over her eventually."

Chaeyoung gave him a pointed look. "How long has it been?"

"Around about 4 years." Jimin mumbled, embarrassed.

"That's what I thought." Chaeyoung replied. "Don't worry, she won't know, I'll just make sure she falls head over heels in love with you again."

"And how exactly are you going to do that." Jimin asked.

Chaeyoung tapped his back, a confident smirk on her face. "Watch and learn Jiminie."

...

"You feeling better now." Jisoo asked, stuffing her mouth full of the delicious beef stew in front of her.

"Of course I am." Jin exclaimed, his chopsticks fumbling for a piece of food. "How can I resist food?"

"Of course you can't Jinnie, your eat Jin after all." Jisoo said, making him laugh. Then his eyes turned serious and Jisoo knew it had something to do about the divorce.

"Jisoo, I have a favour to ask you." Jin asked, settling his chopstick down and leaning in.

"What is it?" Jisoo curiously leaned in.

"I need you to help me bring down my dad." Jin declared. Jisoo's smile immediately turning to a frown.

"What?" She questioned in disbelief.

"Look, he's a fucking sexual predator and who knows what he is planning to do after he divorces my mom." Jin exclaimed, immediately toning his voice down once a few people turned in his direction. "I need to take him down and I can't do it alone."

"Why me though, what am I going to do?" Jisoo asked.

"Well for starters, you are the only person who knows about my dad's illegal activities, if I tell the boys then they'll just assort to something violent and rowdy." Jin explained. "And right now, I trust you the most Jisoo."

Jisoo's heart warmed as she leant in for a kiss on the cheek. Jin smiled at the subtle gesture and captured her hand in his.

"You got yourself an assistant, Captain Jinnie." She joked, causing abrupts of laughter to be brought between the pair of them again.

...

"Jennie, your back." Yoona called out from the kitchen, the smell of her food watering Jennie's mouth.

"Yeah, unnie." Jennie walked over to the living room, slumping down on the sofa and resting her feet on Jihoon who was once again playing on his PlayStation.

"Oi, Jennie, get your grubby feet off me." Jihoon mumbled, annoyed.

Jennie slumped down even more, patting her younger brother's head in a patronising way and messing up the game he was playing in front of her.

"It's noona, Jihoon and your the dirty one in this house." Jennie complained before running off screaming as Jihoon ran quickly after her. It seemed like she had lost the game for him when he was literally about to beat his friend's team.

"Unnie, help." Jennie screamed, hiding behind Yoona's tall body.

"No, you got yourself into this mess." Yoona teased, moving away to boil the squid she was making for them. "I'm rooting for you, Jihoon."

"Please Jihoon, I know Jiyong oppa taught you some moves and I don't want bruises all over my face." Jennie panicked, running around the kitchen counter with Jihoon closely following her. "I'll do anything."

Jihoon abruptly stopped, pausing for a moment to think. "Fine,  be my slave for a week."

"No fucking way." Jennie started before catching the glare Jihoon sent in her direction. "I mean of course, little brother."

Jihoon blew a kiss towards her in a mocking manner. "Nice doing business with you, Jennie."

Jennie cursed under her breath.
"It's noona."

"Unnie, when will the food be ready." Jennie groaned.

"Yah, I'll take as long as I want since I'm making it for you ungrateful children." Yoona shouted, her phone ringing. As she told Jihoon to stir the pot, she quickly picked up her phone in one hand and held it up to her ear. "Hello this is Kim Yoona."

There was a long silent pause before a shocked look emerged on her face. Jennie and Jihoon immediately knew something was wrong as they moved closer to Yoona and tried to listen in.

"He's undergoing major surgery right now due to the injuries we found on him. His friend told us to contact you as your the closet family near him."

"Who is it about, unnie?" Jihoon asked.

"It's Jiyong oppa." Yoona whispers, trying to stop herself from breaking down. "He's been shot."

At hearing those last words, Jennie fell to the floor, her legs giving in. She couldn't hear anything around her, only the those same words going round in her mind.

"He's been shot."

She knew something was wrong but she didn't do anything to stop it.

It was all her fault that her brother was dying. Her bloody own fault.