Fallen Leaves (Ch. 2, part 2)

She gave me the task of finding a class at our local community centre to get my mind off of things and to maybe find a hobby for myself.

                    "Tell me something you like about yourself." She had said. I couldn't answer her.

                    "I don't like anything about myself." I said.

                    "If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?" She asked, ignoring my previous answer.

                    I had thought about that for about ten minutes, before coming up with an okay answer.

                    "Fear. I don't want to fear people anymore. I want to be free from the hold he still has on me." I had said.

                    "Then that's what you are going to get out of these sessions." She continued.

                    So that day, I picked out a class. Creative writing. I figured, at least I could still be morbid in my writing. Poetry? Maybe?

                    Shrieking. There was shrieking. I had to get to him before it was too late. It was spreading. I ran. I was running, but not getting anywhere. Ringing. Ringing in my ears.

                    The loud ringing shot me out of my dream state. I rubbed my eyes, the doorbell. That's what it was. I stood up, my body quite reluctant. The door seemed so far away. I marched up to the door, angry at this person who woke me up from my warm slumber. The continuous ringing was beginning to hurt my head. They kept pressing the button.

                    "What!?" I yelled, yanking the door open. The person quickly entered, I guess they didn't want to freeze to death.

                    "Youuu're alive!" The person shuddered, I knew that voice anywhere. He pulled off his hood, and pulled me into a hug. I relaxed at his touch for some reason.

                    "Nolan what are you doing here?" I asked into his chest.

                    "You're warm," He sighed hugging me closer, "I thought you were dead. You weren't at school, and you're never not at school. And I called here, four times. I only got voicemail. God, it's like the Caribbean in here." He said, still hugging me.

                    "You were worried...?" I asked slowly and he finally let go and looked down at me.

                    "I'm always worried about you." He said, and I looked down at the smooth brown hardwood. He smelled like outside.

                    "I don't need you to be constantly worried. I'm anything but weak." I said sternly. His hand met my chin and he tilted it up towards him.

                    "I know that," His forest green eyes met mine. He searched mine slowly, looking for emotion in them. I wanted to show something, but that would be weakness. "That still doesn't stop me from worrying." I shuddered as he moved his hand down my neck, slowly breaking off me entirely.      

                    I kept the hold on his eyes.

                    "I'm alive, now are you going to leave?" I asked and he smiled and shook his head.

                    "If you're ditching class, I'm ditching it too." He said and I suddenly felt my lips pull up in a smile. A genuine smile. One that has been on my lips in who knows how long.