Chapter Two: The Headache Was Worthwhile

Chapter Two: The Headache was Worthwhile

Malcolm

The morning after.

My head has never hurt so much.

I awoke next to Anna, who was snoring, and checked to see that we were both still clothed. Hey, I've seen enough movies to know that getting drunk with your best friend and waking up in the same bed was never a good sign, but thankfully we were still in the same clothes from last night.

How did we even get home?

I don't think I drunk so much in my entire life. But I had only been tipsy when I suggested the dare. And... I had gone through with it.

Holy shit, I asked Mitch out!

I began internally freaking the heck out, quickly sitting up and searching the bedside table for my glasses. I slid them on my face and tried to ignore the pounding headache as I went to a mirror to examine myself.

It really had happened.

The proof, a round purplish bruise-looking skin discolouration sat on my neck, clear as day. My mouth dropped open in disbelief. Not only had I asked Mitch out, she had said yes, then proceeded to make-out with me.

"Holy shit." I croaked out. My lips slowly twitched into a smile. It was real! I hadn't dreamt it after all! I was ecstatic. On the verge of euphoria. She agreed to go out with me and made out with me! I don't even care how drunk she was! She kissed me and said yes to going out with me!

"Arghh." A grumble erupted from the bed, followed by a painful moan. I spun around to see Anna slowly sitting up, her head held up her hands.

"Jesus Christ, how much did I drink last night?" She groaned.

"I have no idea. Pretty sure it was more than me though. Hey, do you remember how we got back here? Because if we walked, I can't even imagine how long it would take for two drunken-"

"Shhhh." She whispered, putting her hands over her ears, and trying to glare at me through her half closed blue eyes.

I held my hands up in defence then walked over to my en-suite bathroom. I pushed the door open to reveal the small white tiled room and went over to the opposite side of the room- locking the door that allowed entry to the washroom from the hallway.

I went back to the counter and swung the medicine cabinet open, grabbing Advil and two plastic cups. I filled them both up with water from the tap before bringing them back into my room, stepping over the giant pile of dirty clothes and the Xbox that had clearly been used last night even though I wasn't home.

"Stupid kid brother, why couldn't I have been an only child?" I muttered to myself. Finally, I reached the bed, without spilling any water, and placed one cup on the bedside table for Anna.

Realizing she didn't even say thank-you, I looked over at her to see her eyes practically bulging out of her head.

"Dan-iel...'s numb-er... On my... Hand." She mumbled. I raised my eyebrows.

"Wow, seriously!? You must have done something right." I laughed, and then regretted it as the laugh reverberated through my skull. Anna flinched back at it as well, her hands instantly flying to her temples. I grabbed the Advil and downed a couple with my water before handing her the bottle. She took it gratefully from me before popping two of her own. After she downed most of her water she looked back over at me.

"Do you know what I did last night? With Daniel?" She asked slowly and quietly.

"No idea. I was kind of busy..." I pointed with my pinkie the hickey on my neck. Her jaw dropped.

"No way!" She whisper-yelled.

"Yes way," I grinned at her. "Turns out that dare had its advantages."

"Same here." She turned away from me to grab her phone out of her pocket. Her eyes flashed up to me and she grinned.

"Dan texted me, says 'Hey Anna, it's Dan. Let me know if you want to hang out sometime. You were really funny last night even if you were piss drunk. Oh, and if you're wondering, I drove you and your friend Malcolm to his house.'" She smiled widely, and then sighed, throwing herself backwards onto the bed.

"So that's how we got here." I mumbled to myself.

"Dan asked me to hang out." She whispered.

"Mitch agreed to go out with me." I whispered, still amazed that last night had actually happened.

All because of those dares.

Imagine what could happen if we dared each other all the time?

And suddenly, a light bulb popped on in my head.

"Anna? What if we made a game this summer?" I asked. She looked over at me and furrowed her auburn brows.

"What do you mean 'game'?" She asked.

"If we made a game out of daring each other. It'll be like truth or dare without the truth. Like we alternate back and forth every day this summer and dare each other something." I said, pausing to gage her reaction.

"Then what happens if you don't complete a dare?" She asked me, clear interest in her features.

"Then the winner gets to have whatever they want from the loser. Think about what we could do in one summer though. Dare each other to do stuff that we never would have done before. It would be perfect for our last summer together. It'll be fun. C'mon, you know you want too." I nudged her elbow with my own. Slowly she sat up.

"Now I know why I'm friends with you in the first place." She smiled.

"So that's why you keep me around. I knew there had to be a reason." I smirked. She rolled her eyes.

"I think we should do it. So, who gets to start the daring?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Coin toss," I said quickly before digging around in the pocket of my jeans that were lying on the floor for a coin. I pulled out a penny and looked at her. "Heads or tails?"

"Heads." She said with a determined look on her face. I then tossed the coin in the air with my right hand, catching it with my left before flipping it onto the top of my right hand. I look up at her and she bit her lip. Slowly I lifted my hand then grinned evilly at her.

"Its tails." I said. Her eyes widened at my evil smile.

"Shit."

___

the first few chapters are going to be short, so just hold out until I get to the good part:) I posted a slideshow on chapter one of the characters if you want to check that out. I entered this in the watty awards, so can you guys PLEEEEASE vote/comment/tweet/like this story??:3 thanks for the support<3