Nicole

I couldn't stop shaking as I was facing the closed door. Inside was the love of my life, the father of my child, the man I wished to marry and have many more children with. My savior, my strength, my hope. He was leaving me and there was nothing I could do to stop him. I could feel someone trying to remove me from the door but I couldn't will myself to move, I didn't want to leave him.

"Please Nicole, we need to let them save him and you need to sit" Donna says panicking behind me. I shake my head no "I-I can't l-lose him" I whisper. An uncontrollable loud sob came out "Dante!" I need him to respond. I need to hear his voice, him calling me Gattino, his Gattino, he needs to respond to me.

I start hyperventilating when I am lifted and moved away from the door. I try to fight and stop whoever is taking me away from him but I let go as I couldn't fight anymore. I am put down as I still stare from the direction of where he is. Francesca covers my view and I look up to her, her eyes carry the same pain mine do. Her first born sons' heart stopped, we might have lost him.

She cries more when she sees my state and goes to hug me. I embrace her needing comfort as a shiver goes down my body. "I n-need him" she squeezes me. "He will come back to us sweetheart, he will" she says trying to reassure me. I nod knowing my Dante can't just give up like that he can't.

Zio Luca runs to us, looking for me. When he sees my state he goes to hug me as Francesca lets go and turned to look at him. "He is fine sweetheart, I need you to relax now okay? Its not good for the baby" I cry hugging me and nod. "He turns still holding me and looking towards the family.

"His heart experienced mild shock and couldn't take it and stopped for 2 to 3 minutes, we were able to make it start operating again properly" he turns to look at me. "I'm sorry you had to experience and see that darling. But he is okay now and will probably be waking up early in the morning" He kisses my forehead and I nod "Thank you f-for saving him"

He smiles warmly at me "Anything for my Godson". "Can I go see him?" He nods. We all follow him to the room where he lays. I go to him as fast as I can. "Love, Don't do that again okay?" I run my hand on his hair, so soft. I link my forehead with his, " I almost lost you didn't I?" A tear drops as I sigh, a sigh of relief.

I wipe the stranded tear of mine from his face and kissed his forehead. Paps moves me to my bed and shifts it so I can be next to him and can hold his hand. I thank him smiling a little as he gives me a water bottle. I sit on a crisscross position facing him and drink my water as Paps and Damian sit on the sofa as Donna and Francesca sit on the other of Dantes' bed.

When I wake up in the morning, I see the dark brown eyes I have been yearning for. He blinks and smiles, a full blown smile "Dante?" My voice came out weary. "Gattino" he smirks brushing my hair away from my face.

I gasp, my eyes feeling with unshed tears while my vision becomes blurry. "I a-almost lost y-you" I cry louder than I have ever cried my whole life as all of what happened yesterday came back like water poured on me. His arms go around my waist as he pulls me to his bed, holding me. "Oh Dante!" I start hiccuping as I couldn't will myself to calm down.

"I'm so sorry babygirl, you weren't suppose to see all of this" he kisses my temple as I just kept on crying. After a while I calm down and look at him. "Are you okay?" He nods "just a little pain by the heart but I will be fine" I nod. "You shouldn't be laying on your side" I say pushing him gently so he can lay on his back.

I get up to go pour him a glass of water noticing that its just me and him. "Did you just wake up?" He shakes his head after he drinks his water, "no its been three hours since I woke up" I look at him confused "Did the family see you? Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Yes everyone saw me, I wanted to wake you up but I heard about my scare and how you reacted so I wanted you to rest as much as possible" I shake my head "no you should've woke me up" He gulps and nods "I'm sorry.... about everything". I look anywhere else but him as I couldn't take how intense his eyes were.

"We can talk about that when you get better, right now we need to focus on you getting back to your old self" I didn't want to sound so distant but I couldn't get over him lying and almost dying. I didn't want to talk about it and I just wanted him to get better.

Francesca comes in with a huge smile on her face. "Ah! You are finally awake, I made you your favorite, lemon and herb wings and crisps and for you mister, baked Ziti" I smile at her, of course she knows Im craving those wings right now. I sit on the sofa ready to eat. "Babygirl come here" I look up at him.

He looks concerned so I go to my bed and he pulls me to his side kissing my neck. "Mom can you bring her food here please" he says while looking at me as I look down. When she puts my food next to me I thank her and start eating, I notice Dante hasn't started eating.

I turn to his steaming baked Ziti and I take the fork, blowing the steam off and feeding him. He opens his mouth eating it while looking at me. I feed him while also eating my meal. Francesca was long gone by then promising to come back later and also telling me about the set of clothes she brought for me and him.

"I know you are mad at me, and I would be worried if you weren't..." I cut him off. "Please, not now. I just want to enjoy having you by my side right now, alive and well". He nods smiling a little "I love you babygirl, I love you both so much"

I found myself crying again, I didn't know how much I missed those words from him.   "I love you too" I sigh linking our foreheads together and just being grateful for being together again. And in a couple of days or weeks time, he will feel my wrath.

———————————————-

Cried a little in the beginning. Can't stand heartache to be honest.

How was the chapter?

Did Nicole react the right way? Or was she supposed to be mad there and then?

And what do you think she will do when he gets better?

Remember to vote
Till next time