; quackityhq

sorry for the lack of chapters 🥺 so, uh, here. have some angst.

♡ ♡ ♡

as you walked into the school, you instantly bowed your head as you walked through the corridors, hoping not to bump into someone or something. this was the first day of college and you were pretty anxious about it; seeing all these new people, their cliques and outfits, and the new environment made you feel left out. you sighed to yourself as you tried to find your locker, occasionally looking up but avoiding eye contact with the people talking amongst themselves. suddenly, you heard someone call your name, making you look up to where in was coming from.

"Y/n! there you are!" Alex said as he ran towards you, immediately throwing his arms around you as he stopped in front of where you stood. you relaxed into your best friend's embrace, smiling as you took in his familiar scent. he pulled away and patted your head, "been looking all over the place for you, dude. what took you so long?" he asked as the two of you continued your walk to look for your locker.

you chuckled, "uh, social anxiety?" you replied as you tugged the sleeve of his hoodie when you found your locker. he scoffed, leaning on the locker besides yours, "oh, come on! loosen up, man. you've got nothing to worry about. i'm here." he smiled at you, making your insides tingle a bit. you rolled your eyes as you placed your textbook in your locker, keeping the ones that you needed in your bag.

"yeah, yeah. let's just go." you smirked at him as he trailed behind you, fussing over how you should wait up for him.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Y/n!" Alex shouted in glee as he ran towards you, his goofy smile plastered upon his pretty face. you looked towards him and smiled back, stopping a bit for him to catch with you. he draped an arm over your shoulder, ranting about yesterday and such. the two of you made your way towards your classroom, but then, a group of popular kids waved at Alex, making you raise an eyebrow.

"you know them?" you asked, hoping not to invade his privacy. he looked at you, taking a seat in his chair besides you, nodding. "yeah, apparently one of them is in my math class and i kinda helped him out yesterday." he replied, scratching the back of his neck. you took a seat and smiled.

Alex has been your friend since ninth grade and he hasn't changed a bit.

♡ ♡ ♡

you furrowed your eyebrows at him as he waved at you, walking next to you towards first period. he seemed different, in fact, he changed his wardrobe. he didn't have his beanie on and his hoodie–he looked different with his hair slicked back and just a tee and pants. "what's with the get up?" you asked, gesturing to his clothes.

he chuckled, "what? you can't expect me to wear that hoodie and beanie every day. shit gets hot." he replied, scratching the back of his neck. you nodded before walking inside the classroom, again, the popular kids hollering and greeting Alex as he passed by them. Alex sat next to you, talking softly as he only talked about mainstream things, not the usual talk like, his favorite show or how yesterday went. even his movements changed.

your heart ached. what was happening to him?

♡ ♡ ♡

you waited patiently by your locker for Alex to come by, tapping your feet as you waved goodbye at your good friends, Henry and Ani, before looking back to see if Alex was coming. By the time that he did, he had an stoic look upon his face and, what looked like, expensive clothes on. you snorted, immediately thinking about teasing him but as soon as he passed you, he simply nodded and went on his way.

you stood there, shocked as he stood by the popular kids, instantly initiating a conversation with them. your heart broke as Alex walked to class with them, not with you. your shaky hands wrapped around your books as you looked around the almost empty hallway, debating whether to go into first period or not.

♡ ♡ ♡

as you stood in front of your locker, looking at the spot where Alex would usually lean over to talk to you, you frowned and opened your locker, placing your textbooks in. you looked towards the entrance and, as if on cue, he entered but this wasn't the Alex you knew. this wasn't the Alex who joked around with you about five months ago and this wasn't the Alex you loved. he looked completely different with his looks and clothes, he seemed like a different person.

as he passed you, neither of you acknowledged each other, just looked at each other's eyes and he walked by. you turned to your locker, scolding yourself for wanting to cry at that very moment. your fingers were shaking as you placed the last book down, fighting back a sob. suddenly, a hand was placed on your shoulder, making you looked up to the direction of where it came from.

"wanna walk with us?" Ani asked, a kind expression upon her lips. you looked down before nodding, closing the door as they walked with you to your classroom, keeping you company as they did.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Alex!" your voice rang throughout the hallway, making Alex stop his tracks and instantly snap his head towards you. you had the biggest smile upon your face as you raced down the hall, books in hands as your hair swayed with your pace. was he dreaming? it's been six months since he last spoke to you, completely all his fault but he did it to fit in with his friends–he hoped you understood. as you ran down, he smiled at you, but then you passed by him, making him froze.

he looked towards where you stopped and it was with your friends, the ones who didn't forget about you like he did. you were panting as they teased you about something, he couldn't make it out. he lost time with you that he didn't know what you liked now. you blushed as Alex (imallexx) patted your head and then they walked towards your classroom.

Alex's heart dropped to the floor as he watched you smile widely at them, just like how you used to smile at him.

"hey, Alex." his friends greeted him, making him nod at them. if he was being honest, he'd go back in time to stop himself from being friends with the people he had right now. you were much worth than any of them, but he couldn't. he replaced you so that he could be on top, completely isolating himself from you. maybe he's a fool, a jerk, an asshole, but he knew you deserved better.

and clearly that wasn't him.

yo, losing friends is worse than a break up but then, people come and go. it's just a matter of them who stay by your side–those are the ones you need to keep in your life.