; memeulous

I JUST DELETED THE QUACKITY BLOOPERS CHAPTER. WHAT THE FUCK?!?! OH MY GOD. I'M SO DUMB. I CAN'T–

okay, lads, let's say george is a hero. that's all. no more further explanations.

angst | title: saving her
- - -

"stop being a pussy and choose. who's fate shall you be saving now, George?"

you laid your back against the thin blanket upon the grass, looking up the stars as you stretched your arm out, tracing the stars with your finger. "what are you doing?" George piped in, watching closely as your hand gracefully moved around the air.

"trying to make out where my favorite constellation is." you replied, hand still in the air as George observed your small movements. when you sighed, George looked at you, noticing your hand drop back to your stomach, "what's wrong?"

"i'm. . . scared."

he sat up, looking down at you; seeing your hair laying flat on the blanket in different directions, your eyes softened underneath the night sky, and your face was perfectly illuminated underneath the light.

"of what, love? you know i'm always here to protect you."

"George!" one called out, gripping tightly on the edge as George's eyes trailed over to you. you simply looked at him and smiled weakly, mouthing 'it's okay'.

"oh, shut up," you laughed, smiling widely at your best friend. "we all know that you're gonna save that girl from science." you smirked as George faked a gasp. "and let you die? i would never!" he laughed, poking your side.

"Time's ticking, George."

George laid back besides you and you rested your head on his shoulder, closing your eyes as you felt his fingers lacing around yours. "promise me one thing, George."

"anything, Y/n."

"you have to be brave, okay? the world isn't always kind, so please be brave and carry on."

George looked up the villain, breathing heavily as his mind raced. the villain smirked at the hero, laughing sinisterly as he saw the hero panicking within in own thought. this is what he wanted; to hit George where he found home with.

as your fingers began slipping off the edge, you closed your eyes as you heard the sound of wind coming towards you.

"i promise, Y/n. at least i have you besides me."

"I've got you, Beth," George whispered as he secured the girl with his arms around her small figure. "I've got you."

"we're not sure of that," you giggled and George rolled his eyes, kissing your forehead. "come on, i told your dad i'd get you home by 10." he muttered as he pushed himself up, stretching his hand out for you to grab.

George landed besides your lifeless body, his trembling fingers lacing themselves around your hand. "Y/n." he called out, hoping you'd reply but it never came. he sat there, tears clouding his eyes as he heard faint sirens in the distance.

he looked at your dirt-covered face; your eyelids over your eyes with your pale lips opened slightly apart, there were bruises and cuts all over your body, but he looked at you like you were a masterpiece.

"Y/n, i-i told your dad i'd get you home." he whispered, gently pulling you into his chest as his hand caressed your hair, kissing the top of your head with such gentleness. he didn't want to break you even more, yet he let that already happen.

"i'm sorry. i can't be brave for the both of us."

- - -

for confused ppl:
      george is a superhero here and needs to choose between the reader or another girl that he likes to save from falling off the side of a building—while flashbacks play back. the villain gives him the choice but he ends up saving the other girl.