; willne

[lowercase intended]

angst | title: special day

if you were to ask Will who was the one the made his day; it would be his bestfriend since nappies– Y/n.

there wasn't a day that Will would suffer traffic or get drenched in the rain, just to see her in her flat, which was quite a distance away from his flat building.

the lad didn't care, he loved seeing her in his free time yet he just loved seeing her in general. he was smitten for the girl, to the point that he'd do anything for her.

she'd appear in his snaps, instagram stories or posts, and, sometimes, in his videos. the whole world knew how much Will loved her.

"how do i look boys?" Stephen asked as he bargained inside of the room, his suit hanging loosely around him. it made Will laugh, along with James and Alex, seeing their ginger friend trying to calm everyone's nerve.

Stephen smiled, fixing his suit properly, "glad to see you finally smiling, William" he pointed out, smiling at his best mate. Will smiled, looking at himself in the mirror, "y-yeah. i'm just nervous, you know" he assured, gulping.

"our mate is getting married lads!" James tutted, smiling at them. Will's anxiety rose to his chest, "y-yeah" he laughed, fixing his quiff.

the quartet headed to the car, climbing inside the vehicle with ease. not for Will, he sat in the backseat- looking neat in his blacl suit -biting his nails to calm his anxiety down.

this was a big day for him and Y/n, he couldn't screw this up. he couldn't wait to see her walk down the aisle, in her wedding dress, which he helped pick, and her gorgeous smile on her lips.

the car stopped and they all walked up to the church. Will saw all of her families and friends outside, chatting amongst themselves and waiting for the bride and groom.

"Will!" he heard a kind voice calling him. he looked up and saw Y/n's mother, a big smile on her face. "i'm so proud of you" she said, pulling him in a hug. Will smiled, putting a hand on top of his heart, "i'm flattered, ma'am"

"can't wait to see my little girl walk down the aisle. she'll be the prettiest girl" her mother proudly said, her caring smile never disappearing on her face. Will nodded, "me too, ma'am, me too"

the ceremony started as Y/n's car arrived. the church was silent, nothing but the soft piano music playing in the background. Will stood besides Alex, a nervous smile on his face.

"dude, you look more nervous than i am" Alex laughed, patting his shoulder. Will laughed nervously, "i'm alright, mate. i just can't believe what's happening right now"

Alex smiled and nodded, "me too"

the giant brown doors open, revealing the most gorgeous girl, Will has ever seen. although her face is covered with a veil, he can't help but fall even more at the sight of her smile.

her dress hugged her curves elegantly, her hair was done neatly, and she looked in bliss. Will high-fived himself, knowing that the dress he picked looked good on his girl.

walking so ever slowly, with both her parents besides her. Will smiled and thought. . .

would she be this happy if i confessed to her?

. . . as she passed by Will, smiling sweetly at her bestfriend, she turned to Alex, her father handing her to his care.

Will felt his whole body become weak as the couple walked to the altar hand in hand. Will blinked a couple of times before looking down at his own shoes.

Stephen nudged his best friend, him being the only one knowing about Will's repressed feelings for the girl. "hey, you okay?" Stephen asked, handing him a handkerchief as the priest started the ceremony.

Will sat down and took the handkerchief, smiling at Stephen, "never been better" he lied.

"congratulations to mr. and mrs. Elmslie!" Simon shouted as he rose a glass to the lovesick couple. Will raised a glass, tears glistening his eyes, as he smiled, "congratulations!"

he was happy for them, he should be. Will never saw her this happy since she moved in to London to stay with Alex. Will knew she was too good to be his, that's why he remained silent.

"how about a few words from Y/n's best mate?" George, Alex's roommate, said.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck, Will thought as he stood up, smiling at the newlyweds. "fuck off, George" he laughed, rubbing his eyes.

"first off, i want to say congratulations to this amazing couple! they deserve all the love and luck in the world! a round of applause please" he clapped, everybody cheering and clapping as well.

"Alex, take care of her, okay? she may be the most stubborn and lazy girl in the world--" "hey!" Y/n laughed, clinging on Alex's arm "--but she is worth every sacrifice" he smiled, his own heart breaking.

"and you--" he pointed at his best friend. the girl he loved, the girl he always thought he'd grow old with, the girl that was worth everything in his life. "--there's something i need to tell you"

i love you. i always had.

"name your future baby after me, okay?" he laughed. the people in the room laughed along with him. he took his seat and Stephen shot him a sympathetic smile.

"leaving so soon?" Will heard a voice from behind him. he turned and saw the bride, Alex's suit hanging on her shoulders. "yeah, sorry, bud. i need to edit videos" he lied.

he needed time to heal.

"but Will!" she pouted, tugging his hand. her hand was soft, Will thought. it's just sad that he wouldn't be the one to hold it everyday.

"come on, love. i need to go" he laughed, patting her head. she huffed and let her hand go. Will mentally whimpered at the loss of contact.

"thank you for coming, Will! i'll see you after the honeymoon" she smiled. the same smile that Will loved.

"anything for you, Y/n" he said, waving at her. "Will?" she called out before he stepped out of the building. Will looked back and tilted his head, "yeah?"

"stay safe, okay? i love you" she smiled, waving back at him. i love you, Will smiled and fough back tears.

"you too, Y/n. call me if you need anything. i-" love you too. more than anything in this world--

"i'll see you around" he smile before walking out.

as Y/n watched his figure climb into a car, she frowned a bit.

what would happen if i confessed to him?