; imallexx

angst (?) | title: never let me go

- - -

the sound of the water dripping from the tap was the only thing they could hear. she had her back pressed against Alex's chest, which rose and lowered softly, and her head resting on the crook of his neck.

the hot water inside the tub, calming their bodies, steamed upwards. she childishly popped the bubbles in front of her, giggling after.

"hey," she heard Alex whisper, running a hand through her hair. she hummed, still popping the bubbles. she heard Alex let out a sigh, "i need to tell you something," that made her turn her head towards her.

Alex kissed her forehead and frowned, a single tear falling off his eye and he pressed his forehead against hers.

"what do you wanna tell m--" "i'm leaving you," Alex said, looking at her dead in the eye.

she froze, the sound of the water dripping stopped and the water around them seemed to be cold. she blinked and looked back at Alex, smiling faintly.

"what d-do you mean?" she asked, a broken laugh following. she hoped it was for a skit, she hoped there was a hidden camera, but her hopes fell down as Alex caressed her cheek, shaking his head.

"you need to let me go," Alex whispered, closing his eyes. she shook her head, "i can't, Alex," she replied, tears falling down her eyes. Alex sighed and lifted her chin, "it wasn't your fault, Y/n," he said as his voice became more distant.

Y/n threw her arms around his shoulders, burying her face in his neck, "please don't go, Alex. don't leave me," she begged, her voice cracking up. "i have to," Alex shakily said, stroking her hair.

"i'll always be here, Y/n. i'm always here for you, but i need you to let me go," he said, pulling away from the hug. Y/n frowned and bowed her head, tears falling to the water below them.

she felt Alex's lips on her forehead and she felt him leaning in her ear, "wake up," he softly said.

she gasped for air, sitting up from her bed. she breathed heavily and looked around her cold room. she calmed her breathing and laid back down, looking up the ceiling.

she looked to the side, her arm falling on top of it. the warmth was missing; Alex was missing. she frowned and sat back up, pushing her legs over the edge of the bed.

- - -

she entered Alex's hospital room, silently closing the door behind her. she saw Will and George, talking quietly amongst themselves. "hey," she greeted, setting her bag on the table.

Will smiled, opening his arms for her. she hugged him tightly and thanked them for watching over her boyfriend, the two males excused themselves out shortly.

she sat down besides the bed, looking at Alex's critical state. tubes of oxygen and dextrose were connected to him, the beeping of the heart monitor ringing throughout the room.

a tube was hanging from his mouth, supporting his breathing. Alex looked peaceful in his state, his skin was paler and he looked like an angel. she smiled faintly, placing a hand over his, "hey, Alex," she whispered, looking at the heart monitor.

the beating increased, and she smiled. "i saw you in my dream again," she laughed, rubbing her eyes. "you told me to let go of you. again." she sighed, rubbing her thumb over the back of his hand.

"i-i can't, Alex, i just can't," she whimpered, bending down. her forehead was pressed agaisnt his forearm as her tears blurred her vision.

"y-you mean the world to me, Alex. i can't let you go, but you're tired. i want to, but i can't. we promised each other," she said, her voice cracking up. "we promised that we'd have this fancy wedding, that i'll wear a dress of your choice.

"you promised me that you won't cry when you see me walking down the aisle because you said it was gay. we promised we'd dance together, we promised we'd fuck around the sound system and replace the music with emo shit, we promised we'd have a kid. a family, Alex," she cried.

"i love you, i love you so much, but i don't want to let you go. i don't want to," she softly said, her heart breaking and fall apart. she continued to cry and didn't notice Alex's hand holding hers.

"then, don't let me go," a weak voice replied to her. she slowly sat back up and looked at her boyfriend, a soft yet weak smile on his pale lips.

"hey, Y/n." he greeted, a soft chuckle at the end. she smiled widely, tackling him in a hug. "oh my god! y-you're alive! i- oh my god!" she cried out in happiness.

Alex laughed and kissed her forehead, "i am, you crybaby," he said, patting her head. she sat back down and smiled, "i love you, Alex."

Alex smiled back, "i love you too, and i'm not leaving you ever again"

"promise?"

he laughed, gripping her hand, "promise"