; quackity

kind of inspired by love, rosie – which is definitely one of my favorite movies. 11/10 would recommend ;---)

it kind has a similarity to the book/movie's plot but with my own twist.

preferably read while listening to Kodaline - High Hopes

4245 words

fluff + angst | title: love, Alexis
- - -

Your arms were stretched up high to the sky, feeling the rhythm of the music carry you away to your own world. Alex danced by you, showing off his lame dance moves. It was your 18th birthday, so you were basically embracing legality as it came to you.

Shot glasses were all over your and Alex's table, with lemon skins stacked on the side. You were sitting on a high chair, your arms on Alex's shoulders as he held a lemon to his lips, tearing it apart from its' skin. Your vision was clouded, under the impression of alcohol and the flashy lights inside the club.

You could only make out his face. The sharp outline of his jaw and cheekbones, the small freckles that ran across his face, his warm brown eyes, and his swollen pink lips. Your mind wasn't thinking straight, so you placed your lips on top of his. Alex, who was surprisingly not drunk, was taken a back but then soon melted into the kiss.

Everything was muffled out and Alex could only focus on you and your lips. It was perfect, of course, until the high chair slipped under your weight–making you fall down on the floor with your best friend underneath you, who let out a chuckle as you fell asleep.

- - -

"What happened?" You groaned as you heard someone knock on your door, the loud sound making your eardrums pop. The door opened, revealing a wide-smiled Alex peeking his head through the doorway. You rolled your eyes and pulled the covers above your head, hoping it'd would cover up the sun–that was more brighter than usual–and Alex's loud footsteps striding across your room. "Good morning, sunshine!"

"Shut up," You scoffed, laying flat on your stomach. You buried your head within your pillows as Alex pulled the blanket away from your head and jumped besides you, still smiling widely. "My head's pounding and I can't remember anything," You said, your words coming out muffled as you spoke into the pillow. "Which part?" Alex asked, turning his head to you.

You lifted your head up, your puffy eyes meeting his, "Everything," Alex looked at you, seeing the relief and sad expression in his eyes. "That's pretty good. It was, uh, a disaster to be- to be honest," He stuttered, shifting his body to face you. You rested your forehead on Alex, a small smile creeping on your lips, "When you stutter like that, you make it sound like it was chaotic."

"Because it was," He softly said, closing his eyes. You observed him, seeing his softened features and the morning light mixing well–it was your weakness; he was your weakness. "Do we still have to go to Henry's party?" You muttered, closing your eyes as well. "Come on, daisy. You know it's Aksel's last night with us." He replied, using your nickname you had when you were children.

You huffed and opened your eyes, locking eyes with him. "Alright."

- - -

"Hey, uhm, Y/n," Niall said, pulling you aside from Alex and the rest of the crew. You looked at him as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck, "Would you– this is ridiculous, but I think you- you are very pretty and, uh, the dance is coming, so would you go. . . with me?" He blushed, his nervous eyes flickering around Henry's backyard.