; willne

[lowercase intended]

fluff | title: ours

she turns her head to her husband of three years, Will, who was talking to her dad. she smiled and looked at her mum, "Will's a fine lad"

"i know, mum" she giggled, chopping the carrots careful enough not to cut her fingers. "have you seen him look at you?" her mum asked, stirring the steaming soup in the pot. Y/n stopped chopping and turned to her mum again, "what do you mean?"

"the boy is absolutely in love with every inch of you, darling" the older woman said, turning the stove off. "there's always sparkles in his eyes when you're near him or whenever you hold your nephew"

"my nephew?" this got her thinking. there were always times that Will mentioned how he liked the thought of having a baby, but he never directly told her. her mother nodded, "yes, haven't you two planned a family yet?"

she smiled softly, "not really. Will is a busy guy, mum" she said, but her mother shook her head "he'll find time to manage his business, dear. i think the both of you will make the most loveliest babies"

the thought of a baby boy cradled in Will's arms made her stomach erupt with butterflies and heart swelling with love. she giggled, "yeah, i think so too"

"what about, love?" Will's voice echoed through the kitchen. she turned and the sight before her made her feel pure bliss. Will had her nephew, Adam, in his arms while he looked at her intently.

"o-oh, nothing! just thinking about getting this new knife my mum told me about" she nervously laughed, her mother amusingly smiling at her. "oh, well, i'll be with Adam helping him with his legos--" Will winked at her "--just call if you need anything"

"i will, thanks, love" Y/n smiled before Will walked upstairs to Adam's room.

"see, dear? he'll make a great father" "yes, he will" she giggled, chopping the last bit of carrot.

"hey, you've been awfully quiet since we left your parents' house. is something bothering you?" Will said as he sets his coat down on the dresser. she turned to Will and tackled him in a hug, which caught him off guard.

he regained his balance and hugged back, rubbing her hair, "what's wrong, love?"

"i love you" Y/n mumbled against his black shirt. Will smiled and kissed her head, "i love you too. please? tell me what's wrong"

she looked up, her chin against his chest, "i-i think i'm ready for a child, Will"

Will's expression changed from worried to happy after hearing her say those words. "w-wait, really? like an actual baby? a baby?" he panicked, his goofiness making her laugh.

"yes, Will. a real and alive baby" "oh my god, oh my god! i- i love you so much!" Will exclaimed, picking her up and spinning her around.

"you've made me the happiest man alive again, Y/n!"

- - -
(bonus ending)

"he's so beautiful. that's genuinely a beautiful boy" Will softly said as he sits besides the hospital bed, watching his wife cradle their new born baby.

"do you want to hold him?" her tired voice rang through his ears. Will looked at her and nodded, he carefully carried the baby in his hands.

"what're you going to name him?" Will asked, smiling at the small figure in his arms.

"Thomas Peter" she said, closing her eyes. Will looked at her and kissed her hand, "you did great, love. get some rest" she hummed in response and fell into slumber within seconds.

Will looked back at the baby in his hands, "Thomas Peter Lenney" he breathed out, admiring the beautiful child that they made.

"i like it and i love you already" he said, hugging the baby gently.