; memeulous

[lowercase intended]

fluff + small angst | title: it's always been you

having George as a best friend was acceptable, he was kind and fun to be with, but having feelings for him was maybe something not-so-unacceptable.

you see, Y/n and George had been friends for the longest of time and they've learned to love each other. not just in a romantic way, if you were to ask Y/n. Y/n had feelings for him, but there was a slim chance of him returning her feelings.

it all started back when George slipped all his belongings on the floor while walking down the corridor. she happened to pass by and, as the caring soul she is, helped him gathered his things.

as she was about to pick up the last binder on the floor, his hand landed on top of hers. that's where she felt electricity flow throughout her body.

that feeling is still there after George dropped out of college to pursue his youtube career. she still supported him in everything he did.

she liked him. no, screw that, she loved him. gorgeous hazel eyes, brown hair, and a great personality- who wouldn't fall in love with him?

but she decided to keep these feelings for herself when she found out George was in a relationship with someone he clearly met online.

"--and this is Y/n" George said, pointing at her. she smiled at them; at George and his girlfriend, Natalie.
(if ur name is natalie, just change it)

"hello! i heard so much about you!" Natalie said, pulling Y/n in a hug. her hug wasn't even welcoming, it was crushing her bones. "so much about you" she heard her say.

as the two pull away, Y/n smiled at her. "i'm glad George finally found someone!" she said. Natalie grabbed George's hand, "i'm glad he did"

these girls were certainly George's type. blonde hair, pushed up breasts, and not to mention the fake persona whenever he's around. oh, yes, definitely his type.

she felt Josh nudge her shoulder and she looked up to the noodle head beside her, "just take care of good 'ol Georgie, okay? he's a bit fragile" Josh joked, trying to lighten the tension between the two girls. Natalie smirked, "of course! now, if you excuse me, we have to go"

"see you guys later!" George said before walking out of the door. "oh dear god" she heard Will groan. she looked at the five boys- Will, Josh, Stephen, James, and Alex -looking annoyed. "what's wrong?"

"her" James frowned. she shook her head, "come on, lads. we have to be happy because it's George" she said, smiling at them.

"i don't get why he didn't chose you instead, Y/n. you're his dream girl after all" Stephen said, rubbing her temple.

yeah, i can't understand why too.

"George? i came as soon as you hung up on the pho--" his arms instantly wrap around her body, his face buried on her shoulder. this, this right here, pained her the most.

she was okay with George having relationships, after all she was just his best friend, what could she possibly do? but she was never okay with the idea of them of using him.

they've told him many times to choose the right woman correctly. one who'll love him for as he is, and not use him for his money and fame.

"what's wrong?" she mentally cringed. she knew what was wrong, she just wanted to hear what George had to say. "s-she told me that i-i wasn't enough and t-that i--" that was enough for her.

she rubbed his back, soothing and comforting him like she always did. "hey, hey, it's okay. cry it all out, George" she assured. she turned her head to the hallway and saw Alex with a confused expression on his face, he mouthed a 'is he okay?' and she sadly shook her head.

she turned back to George's fragile figure and hummed, "do you want to sit down?"

"--and she left" George said, wiping his tears away. he looked at his best friend, who was in deep thought, and saw the worry and concern written in her eyes.

"i think she's not worthy for you" she finally said, rubbing her forehead. George blinked looking at his shoes. "y-you think?" he whispered.

he felt her hand on top of his and he felt an electric shock flow through his body. George looked up, her soft face welcoming the dimly lit room, "i think so, George. there are so much more girls out there, maybe you haven't found her yet"

or maybe she's right in front of me

George nodded and looked at his bed. "can y-you stay with me tonight?" he whispered, frowning. her heart fluttered, and she nodded, "i'll stay with you forever, George"

oh god, yes please

George nodded and laid down on his bed, tapping the empty side for her to lay in. she laid down and looked at the ceiling.

"thanks for this, Y/n. i lo--" George bit his tongue and looked at her, "--i appreciate you"

she smiled and looked at George, their noses brushing with each other, "i appreciate you too"

i am so in love with you

moments later, he saw how her eyelids fell down and how her breathing became soft. he smiled, turning his body to her. his hand softly landed on her cheek, rubbing her cheekbone with his thumb.

"Y/n?" he called out, making sure she was asleep.

"i love you. i really do. i-i just wished i had the guts to say it to you" he whispered, kissing her forehead. his soul left his body as she fluttered her eyes open.

oh no, was she going to reject him?

was she disgusted by him?

is she going to-

"i love you too, George. i love you more than anything in this world. i wanna be more than just your best fr--"

George softly crashed his lips on hers, hushing her. when she kissed back, George felt all the pieces of his heart finally glued themselves together.

as they pull away, George rested his forehead on hers, smiling cutely at her. "i am in love with you" he blurted out, his hand finding its way to her back, he pulled her to his chest, hugging her tightly.

"i am in love with you too" she replied, snuggling against his chest.

and that was enough for George. he finally found the missing piece in his heart, he finally got to say the words that were stuck in his throat for years, he finally had her in his arms.

he had her.

he had a best friend and a significant other at once. he found the most beautiful soul in the world; that was Y/n.