; memeulous

when homeboi has time to cover up his face but not the hickey UwU

disclaimer: i do not tolerate cheating.

angst | title: i'll try to be enough

- - -

on the first weeks of George getting married to the love of his life, Y/n, he was ecstatic about it. he couldn't stop bragging to the lads about how wonderful she was and how she made him felt.

a couple of years passed by and George was still head over heels for his girl. they never really had a fight nor argued about anything, they were open to each other and saw each other's flaws like no one else did.

but then, George made a mistake.

he cheated.

"are you going home early?" she smiled softly, running a hand through his curly locks. George smiled back, kissing her forehead, "maybe around 2, love. please don't stay up late for me." he laughed as she handed him his coat.

"i won't," she replied. she hugged George tightly, "stay safe and tell Cam i said, 'happy birthday'." she softly said. George hummed and kissed the top of her head, "i will. goodnight and i love you," George said as he squeezed her gently.

"i love you too."

-

"do you have a girlfriend?" the drunk brunette in front of him asked, hiking her hand down to his pants. George was too drunk, his own vision becoming hazy, to answer. "j-just, uh, no."

George didn't know what he was doing but it just felt right, his mistress felt right.

he did the same routine for two years. he'd go home from a "meeting" or other excuses, but he'd always make sure that he left no evidence of his mistress on him.

George opened the door, his eyes instantly landing on the passed out person on the couch. with a such carefulness, he walked over to the small figure.

his wife was sleeping on the couch, one of his Harry Potter book sprawled out across her chest. George smiled and bend down to pick her up.

"George?" her voice was drained down and tired, but still soft as George could remember. "yes, love?" George whispered back, carrying her body to their room.

"how was your meeting?" George gulped as he opened the door. "it was- it was fine." he replied. he placed her on their bed, kissing her forehead when he did. "did you eat?" she asked, running a hand through her hair.

"i'm okay, love. go on and sleep, okay?"

"okay, goodnight. i love you," she softly said, drifting off to sleep.

After another month of lying to his wife, she announced that she was pregnant. George could never forget the happiness that glimmered in her eyes, and the guilt that bursted inside of him.

"i-i'm pregnant," she breathed out. George stood up from his chair, a big smile on his face, and tackled her in a hug. "oh my god, i love you so much!" he said, out of pure bliss.

George told his mistress that they should stop because it felt wrong. then again, his mistress stopped him and told him that she loved him more than his wife ever did.

their affair still went on for another seven months, during Y/n's pregnancy. George saw the bliss that flowed throughout Y/n's body as she talked to her baby, gently stroking her stomach.

guilt. the guilt that he held back for so long, broke out. the guilt that he didn't want out feel, broke out from his heart and poisoned his mind.

he cut off his affair with his mistress and told everything to his wife.

Oh, how could George forget the miserable state that he put her in?

"i had an a-affair," he whispered, not able to look at her eyes. he heard sobs coming out from his fragile wife and when he looked up, he broke his own heart.

he thought that she'd shout at him, punch him, or maybe leave him. George knew that he deserved all of those, but he never got those.

she just silently cried in front of him and told him that it was okay, and that she'll try to be enough next time.

"it's o-okay," he couldn't believe his ears. she was still the forgiving and loving girl he met since high school. "it's not, Y/n. i did something against your will and you have-," he looked down, feeling his tears clogging his eyes.

"you have the very right to leave me." he finished. he closed his eyes, tears running down his cheeks. he felt a soft hand on it, wiping his tears away. "it's okay, George. i'll try to be- to be enough."

George knew that he scarred her for life and that he couldn't take back what he did, but she still loved him like he never did such a sin.