Chapter 30: A Glimpse Of Hope

Dominic's POV:

I huff in frustration. I'm sitting on the porch at the pack house. I feel hopeless. Aria can't even find her brother, apparently he moved. My wolf won't speak to me anymore, he's basically given up. Every once in a while I feel my mate's connection, but as quick as it comes, it's gone.

I lean back and look up at the night sky. I feel tears stream down my face and don't bother to wipe them. I lost my mate.

My phone goes off and it's an unknown number. I think about rejecting it but choose to answer it instead.

(Bold is the caller. Regular print is Dominic)

"Hello?"

"Yes, this is Amanda. Is this Dominic?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Well, some girl named Taylor came up to me in the store that I work at, as she was handing me the money she gave me this number. She told me to tell Dominic New Harmony, Utah. I think something was wrong by the way she was acting."

"I understand, thank you for calling me." I hang up before she has a chance to respond. I run in the house barking orders for the pack to fallow me. Finally, a glimps of hope. I'm coming, mate.

-----Taylor's POV-----

Soren fallows my gaze but doesn't do anything. I stand up and begin washing my mouth out in the sink. He opens the cabnet and takes them both out. I quickly drop the rag I was holding and try to take them from him, but he holds me away.

"Wait! Soren!"

He looks at me and glares.

"Who's?" He growels.

I take a step back, by now I'm in my room.

"Who's is it?" He half way yells, his eyes changing colors.

"Nick's." I mutter.

He drops one of the test and stomps forward when suddenly the door bell rings. He freeze's not but a few feet from me. He stomps down the stairs. I pick up the test, it's positive.

I quickly fallow down the stairs with the test in my jacket pocket. I peek around Soren and see Brett at the door... Brett?! Something Brett does causes Soren to slam the door and grab ahold of me.

He turns me towards the door with his arm over my throat. He pulls a knife from his pocket and aims it at my stomach. The door comes down and Dominic is there with Brett and a whole pack behind him.

"Let her go!" Dominic yells, a knife in hand. I clutch at Soren's arm.

"Come any closer and I'll kill her." Soren calmly threatens.

"With a regular knife? Really? Although she may not have her power she can still heal. A shot to the stomach for a wolf is nothing." Dominic scoffs.

"It may not kill her, but it will the baby now won't it?" Soren threatens, pushing the knife a little harder.

Dominic's gaze shifts to me, then to my stomach. Soren backs us both up until he is beside the small decoratve table.

"Your lying." Dominic say's.

Soren pulls something out of his pocket and throws it towards Dominic. When it hits the ground I notice it's one of the tests. Dominic glances down at it, then back at me. I suddenly hear Soren grunt from behind me. He loosens his grip and I push myself out. I fall to the ground, then turn and see Brett had gone around back and got Soren in the lower back with a knife.

Soren pulls away and gets Brett in the lung. Dominic lunges for him, but before he can reach him, Soren pulls out a gun from the small drawer and aims at me. I scrable to get up but it's to late. The sound rings in my ears and echo's off of the walls.

It's like everything happened in slow motion. I fall to my knee's and look down. He shot my through the lung with a silver bullet.

A regular knife wound, that's one thing, but a silver bullet, that's another. I let out a cry of pain. It feel's like my chest is on fire.

The last thing I remember is a loud gunshot and someone picking me up.

-----Dominic's POV-----

I lunge for Soren, but I was to far away. Right as he shoots I tackle him. I wrestle him to the ground, then I hear Taylor yell. My suspission is confirmed, he hit her.

Soren and I are both wrestling on the ground when I hear the gun go off. He stills. I stand and see he hit himself instead of me. I look over and see Alpha Samuel lifting her. He hands me the unconsious girl and I take off running to the pack house.

After a record time I see the house come into view. I run downstairs and into the medical floor. The pack doctor make me put her on a hospital bed and the wheel her off. I try to fallow but the nurse makes me stay.

If Soren wasn't already dead I'd rip him limb from limb.