Chapter 18: Family Reunion's Suck

Taylor's POV:

I walk into the living room soaking wet while Nick just can't stop laughing. I'm glad I don't have carpeting in here.

"Nick I need to talk to you, come on." I say heading up stairs.

"If anyone hears me scream, come help me!" He say's. I really do just need to talk to him. I grab a towel and sit it on the bed so I don't get it wet.

"Whats going on?" He asks.

"I talked to Alora this morning, but let me start at the beginning. I was sitting on the porch and two members of the Red River Pack walked by. They seemed fixated on your window," He stiffens but I don't question him and just continue, "They just waved and walked off. Then Alora said she's in that pack. She even has my last name. But anyway, she told me she was attacked by rouge's and was seperated from her mom. I told her I would take her to her mother today,"

He nods but say's, "I'll uh, I'll go with you,"

He looks hesitant. Oh well. I get in the shower and get dressed in a pair boot cut jeans, black combat boots, a white shirt, and a brown leather jacket. It's about time I find an outfit I like.

I get in my car with Nick in the front seat and Alora in the back. After about 10 minutes of tracking their scent with the windows rolled down I turn down a dirt road. After about a mile a little community comes into view, right in the middle of the woods. The pack house is in the center, it's the largest. I step out of the truck with Alora. A woman with brown hair comes running and hugs her then looks at me.

"Thank you so much... Taylor? Is that you? Dominic? Your back," She asks.

Oh come on! I can't do one good thing without getting punished for it? What throws me off is the Dominic part but I keep still. My face has no emotion at all.

Casey, my mother, comes to hug me but I back away from her.

"Come on Nick, lets go. Good luck Alora, I guess I should say sister," I say opening my door.

"Wait!" A man yells.

I see the Alpha come jogging from the house with a man that looks a lot like Dominic behind him, he would be the one I saw at my gate.

"Dominic! How have you been?" He asks.

Dominic looks ticked off right now.

"I've been just fine with my own pack," He says opening his door.

"I'd like to talk to you in private, if you don't mind," He nods to the house. Nick looks reluctant but curious. He grabs my hand and I walk with him.

We reach his father, "I see you found your mate. I'm Damon Deleon," he says extending his hand.

I try to take it but Nick grabs my hand and gently puts it back down, "My mate is none of your consern. If you want to talk, we'll talk, but you leave her out of it,"

By now there's a croud looking at Nick and I. We walk into the house and Nick motions for me to wait in the living room. I sit down and Alora sits beside her mother on the opposite seat.

"Look Tay-" She starts but I interrupt her.

"Don't you talk to me. Especially not that subject with Alora in the room,"

"Taylor you have to understand-"

"What did I just say?" I demand staring her down.

"You will not talk to your mother that way!" She say's.

"Alora go to your room," I say my gaze not leaving Casey.

She gets up and leaves and I stand up, "You listen to me. You were never a part of my life Casidy. You left my father, you left Marcus, you left me. And the time you were there, you didn't care about us. I watched over my little brother because you couldn't. Don't you tell me to understand, to respect you. I lost that ability a long time ago. If one more word comes out of your mouth I swear that man," I point to the warrior wolf sitting at the bar reading, "will have to break up a fight."

She stands and say's, "Your father raised you horribly," She has a disgusted look on her face. That snapped something in me. My father passed not long ago. He raised us great. We may have been dirt poor, but he was a good man. I walked up and got in her face. By now the man at the bar is standing and watching us.

Apparently he alerted the Alpha becuase him and Dominic come down the stairs just in time to see us argue.

"You listen to me, my father was a good man, but you didn't stick around long enough to know that did you? One more word from you and I swear,"

She looks to be only in her 30's now.

I've never had to control my wolf, but I am now. She stares at me intently but I don't look away.

"Casidy I'm going to have to ask you to leave," Damon say's.

She slowly walks away and slams the door on her way out. I was kind of hoping she would say something, I had a few words for her. Casey left when I was very young, but even then she wasn't really a mother. She had obviously been the wolf in the family, and apparently Dad didn't know. She didn't stick around long enough to tell us, either. I guess I got the Wolf gene.

Dominic nods towards the door and doesn't even say anything on the way out. We both get in the car and I drive off. So much for seeing my sister.

"Family reunion's suck," I say as we pull into the drive way. He just nods in agreement as we get out.