Chapter 5: A Date With A Criminal? As If...

Chapter 5: A Date With A criminal? As If...

Taylor's POV:

I walk up the stairs and into my room. Those green eyes are so familiar, but I just can't place them. I don't know whats wrong with Luna. She never does that, she's my dog on the K-9 unit. They say dogs can sniff out bad people. It makes me wonder about Nick. If Luna doesn't like him, I don't trust him. I wonder what's in his background.

I change into a pair of clean blue jeans, a white shirt with a light brown leather jacket, and a pair of brown boots. I plan to go to the station after this.

I walk back downstairs and see Luna looking through the window on the side of the door, when she see's me she starts whining. I walk to the door and open it, grabbing her collar, and lead her to the couch opposite of Nick.

"Sit and stay," I warn while pointing at her. She lies down and huffs, no doubt out of irritation "She's usually well behaved." I say sitting beside her.

"Going somewhere?" He questions seeing I'm dressed.

"Yeah, I'm going down to the station in a little while, if your friends not here by seven then I might have to ask you to come with me. Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable leaving someone I don't know very well in my home," I say out of honest truth. He suddenly tenses up and pulls out his phone, doing what looks like texting somebody.

"That's understandable," He mumbles, still looking at his phone. I just hum in response.

Suddenly, Luna jumps off of the couch and starts to sniff Nick's leg. He intently stares down at the dog, I want to call her off, but I'm curious in what she smells. She sits down at his feet, looks back at me, and whines.

That's what she's trained to do when she finds the end of a scent trail...

I stare at Nick intently, I definatly need to check his record.

I whistle at her, signaling her to come back and she sits on the couch beside me.

"Can I get your address so my friend knows where to go?" He questions. I nod my head and he throws me his phone. After I type it in, I lock the screen and throw it back. I also toss him the remote.

After only a few minutes my curiosity has gotten the best of me, so I ask, "If you don't mind me asking your last name?"

He hesitates. Does he not know his name?

"Ford, Nick Ford," He replies. I nod my head and return my attention to the TV. I'm sure to wait a good ten minutes before I pull my laptop out from under the coffee table and power it on. It's a Windows 8, but it's already scratched on the bottom underneath the key board from then I dropped it and it slid across the floor. I open the judicial records and log in as an officer, therefore I have more access than a regular person. I put Ford, Nick in the search bar.

Only one name comes up, and I don't think the Nick Ford in front of me is a 42 year old man currently serving time in jail for public intoxication. There is no Nick Ford. He gave me a false name.

I power down my laptop and text Andy.

Send: Andy

Call me and just go with what I say, I'll explain later.

A few minutes later, my phone rings.

(Bold is Andy speaking and normal print is Taylor speaking)

"Hello?" I answer.

"You alright Fox? Thought it was your day off."

"Yeah, I guess I will, I'll see you there in a bit."

"Uh.. Okay?"

"Bye, Andy," I say, hanging up the phone.

"They're calling me up to the station, come with?" I offer.

"Do I have a choice?" He chuckles while smiling, standing up in the process.

"Nope," I say, grabbing my keys from the table.

This is going to be fun...

When we get outside, I turn and lock the door. I start heading to my car when a truck pulls up. A man with blonde hair steps out. I watch with suspicion as Nick shakes his hand and pulls him in for a hug. Why is it that both of these men are so familiar? As I'm walking up to them, I hear Nick whisper yell, "I haven't told her yet so keep your mouth shut!"

"Haven't told me what?" I question.

"My friend Nicky here hasn't yet asked you out on a date," the blonde say's smiling while leaning on Nick's shoulder.

I raise an eyebrow at Nick wondering what he actually meant, I know he's lying. That was a good save though. He glares at his friend for a bit before turning to me and asking, "Would you like to?"

I hesitate a minute, go on a date with a possible criminal? As if.

"I guess so, yeah," Where did that come from?! What is wrong with me? Oh, yeah, my curiosity and possible death wish!

My mental rant of telling myself off comes to an end when Nick say's, "Great, I'll pick you up at six tomorrow?"

I stiffly nod my head in agreement. He pulls my phone from my hand, types a number, and gives it back, "I'll see you tomorrow,"

I watch as he gets in the truck with his friend and drives off.

If I had a wall in front of me right now, I would bang my head on it... What is wrong with me?!