Chapter 15: I Have The World To Fight For

Dominic's POV:

I ran through the forest, trying to get away, to contain Adriel. I've let this get to far out of hand. Lately I've been having trouble controlling Adriel, my Wolf. I don't understand why, but it keeps getting worse. He almost forced me to hit our Mate... that's just too far. It was just an argument. I need to talk to my brother. Brad has never had trouble even though he has the Alpha gene too.

I come to a halt and catch my breath. I just lost my Mates trust. My stubborn Mates trust, to be exact. My heart broke at the thought. Adriel tried to talk to me, but I pushed him away and blocked him out so he can't. I need to talk to her. Because we're mates, and that we've been near each other for about a week, I could feel her pain, she's upset.

I run back as fast as I can, ignoring Adriel scratching at the back of my mind. I run inside the house and see only the guys. I try to walk to Taylor's room, but Brad stands in my way. The smart idiot knows I have a lot of tolerance for him.

"Move," I demand.

"You hurt her. Your own Mate. I think she forgets we're Wolves, because I know she wouldn't cry loud enough for us to hear. Her ego's too big," He lightly smiles at that. The thought of her crying broke me.

"Yeah, and I'm trying to fix it, so move," I say.

I go to move around him, but he moves in front of me again.

"Brad, I have a lot of tolerance for you, but I swear if you don't move-"

"You'll what? Slap me?" He asks, mocking my situation.

I shove him backwards, "I'm trying to fix it!"

"With that attitude you won't!" He yells back.

I try to go around him and he shoves me back, "Give her some time, Brother!" he yells.

I stomp towards him until I hear Taylor yell from the hallway, "Don't touch him!"

I stop in my tracks. She walks up beside him and say's, "Don't take your problems out on him," She puts emphasis on 'your'.

"I want to talk to you," I say.

She stares into space for a minute, probably talking to her Wolf. She nods and walks back to her room. I walk in her direction, but Brad puts a hand on my chest, stoping me, and says, "Don't do something stupid or I'll-"

"Drag me out by my ear, yeah, I get it." I reply sarcastically but rude at the same time, continuing on. I walk in and she's sitting on the bed. I shut the door and sit beside her.

"I'm sorry... that I've been this way lately, it's just that-," She interrupts me by saying, "It's your time of the month?"

She cracks a smile and laughs a little. I can't help but to smile at her. I shove her shoulder lightly, only to be pushed off of the bed. If people could die of laughter, she would be six feet under right now. I start laughing too.

Yep, we're both bi-polar.

"But really, I want to give you an explanation," I say. I get back on the bed and continue, "My Wolf, Adriel. He has the Alpha gene, we both do. A good way to set off an Alpha is dis-obeying  or not listening. I can usually control him, but lately it keeps getting harder. On the porch, that wasn't me. I try, I really do, but you don't make it easy on me. I want you to be able to go to work, leave the house, but I would never forgive myself if I let something happened to you,"

I didn't realize I was crying until she wipes the tears off of my cheek.

"I'd let you come with me, but I'm not aloud to have someone else who is not an officer be in the car with me," She say's.

"Maybe I could join," I say smiling.

She laughs and say's, "I wish it were that easy. I had to go through six weeks of training, college for good measure, and only God can remember what else. Plus your kinda, you know... wanted." She pauses, "Why is he after me?"

"Because you're my Mate, and I'm breaking the contract. His full name is Aiden Brooks. I guess I think you should know that," I reply.

"A little more info. please?"

"He's the one we signed a contract with. He tells us what bank to hit, when, and where. The contract states that we don't get close to anyone outside our group, I joined because I was in hard times... and I thought I would never find my Mate,"

"That's why you're here?" She ask's.

"We're all here for a reason. Don't repeat any of this, alright? Sandy is losing her father to cancer, this is the only way she pay's for treatment. Grant joined 'for the hell of it' he say's. Brett was deep in financial issues and owed some dangerous people a not of money. Austin never found his Mate and was cast out of his Pack. He joined because he had no where to go. Brad... I told him not to. He's my brother, and he wanted to follow me here because he didn't want to leave. I'm here because... I was cast out of the Pack for not having a Mate. It didn't matter if I was the Alpha's son or not. Brad, being his stubborn self, left the Pack to stay with me. I raised Brad for two years until I couldn't support us anymore. I told him I would send him money, but he refused to let me leave. So, he went with me. We were always close because our parents, I mean, it was like we didn't exist,"

She takes my hand in her's and leans on my shoulder.

I didn't have anything at the time, I had no one but Brad. But now I have a Mate. I was so wrapped up in myself, I didn't think about what was best for my brother. But now I will. My brother, my Mate, now I have the world to fight for. I will get us out of this. Even if I have to run to the ends of the Earth.

All for them.