Chapter 13: If It Kills Me

Dominic's POV:

My Wolf is beyond pissed. I hold the Alpha gene, I have control, and when it's taken away, it's not pleasant. I regret what I said, but my Wolf was trying to come through. The alpha gene makes him harder to control. I just need to give us both time to cool off. I'll talk to her in the morning.

-----Taylor's POV-----

My phone alarm goes off, but I'm quick to turn it off, hoping no one heard it. I'm getting out of this house if it kills me. I tiptoe to the bathroom and tuck a towel under the door so they won't hear the shower running. Sandy bought me some clothes not long ago, which I'm grateful for. Once I get out of the shower, I planned to blow dry my hair, but it will make too much noise, so I will have to put it up in a ponytail and just let it air dry.

I put on my uniform, then my belt... my weapons! Dominic never gave them back! I'll just have to get new one's at the office, I'm not taking the chance on searching for them. I take my belt back off, I plan to tell Andy I lost it. I grab my phone, which Brett bought me when he loaded my horses, man I miss riding. I go downstairs, grab an apple, then my keys. I get a notepad and grab a pen and write,

Went to work at 6:00. Be back at 5:00PM.

-Taylor

Hopefully Brett will find it before Dominic. No one in this house wakes up until ten at the earliest.

I walk out of the door and get in my car, which Brett also brought. He got me a lot of things that I needed. When I start the car I hear someone speak to me, 'this isn't a good idea'

(Fine Print is the Wolf, regular print is Taylor)

'Go away, Dominic' I reply, in hopes that I can leave before he reaches me.

'I'm not Dominic, I'm your wolf, Blair. This isn't a good idea. Dominic means well, you shouldn't go. Believe me when I say the lack of freedom hurts me too. But I don't want you, well, us to get hurt,"

'I'll be fine,' I reply. I push her thoughts away. I'm determined to leave, even if it's just for one day.

I drive off and to the station. When I walk in, I'm surprised to catch the scent of a few Werewolves that I work with, who knew?

Everyone greets me on the way to Andy's office. When I walk in we have our normal conversation and I get a new weapons belt. I go to the garage and exchange my car for my cruiser.

It's now 7:30 AM. I drive down the highway and park at the bottom of a hill; I love parking here because no one see's me until it's too late. Morning's is when I give the most tickets, people speeding to get to work or school.

It's now 12:00AM, someone should be awake back at the house by now. I see a man speed past me, so I turn my lights on and follow him until he finally pulls over. I get out and go through the normal routine. I enter his driver's license into the computer and find a record. Looks like this man is wanted. James Myers, he's a coyote, another term for a drug smuggler. The record is quite old, but still there, none the less.

Right as I was about to get out to confront the man, my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Taylor!" Dominic yells through the phone. I really need to check the caller ID next time.

"Look Dominic, I have someone pulled over. I need to search his car, he's get a record. I don't have time to argue with you,"

"Taylor, listen to me-" I stop listening when the car in front of me turns on.

"Dominic, he started his car, I might have to go after him. I have to go," Sure enough, the car speeds off. I slam my door shut and slam my foot on the accelerator.

"Dominic, I have to go! He's running, I'll be home later," I hang up before he gets the chance to yell some more. I radio in a runner down highway 80, a public and popular highway.

He's speeding around cars, and almost made someone wreck. He's pushing ninety-five. There's three police cars behind me. After about ten minutes and two car wrecks, he finally slips up and rolls, but I didn't get a chance to hit the break and I roll with him.

When we stop after six rolls down a hill I feel dizzy and sick to my stomach. My car is rolled on its side, all of the windows are busted and I'm pretty sure there's a few piece of the car missing, but I'm okay, just a few scratches and bruises. I see cops running down the hill in a rush. I look through the front window and see the man climbing out of his car, he's going to run.

I pull my seat belt off, then reach up and grab the edges of the passenger side window. I hoist myself out just in time to see him running into the woods. Dominic is probably seeing the chase on TV because there are choppers up ahead. This man has been wanted for a long time. He more than likely had more records, probably under different names. I run towards the woods. My cruiser is completely totaled, but I don't need to worry about that right now.

I will catch him. Even if it kills me.