Chapter 21: Phoenix

Chapter 21:

Dominic's POV:

I run out of the diner and get in my car, I would run there, but this is the city. Miami is not the place for us to be, we need to get away from here.

I speed through red lights until I get to the house, by now everyone is gone, including my mate. My anger rises at the thought of them taking whats mine. The front doors are open and there is glass on the ground. I roll my window down taking in the scent. I basically drive with my head half way out the window trying to track her. The scent slowly fades the farther into the country I get. It's because she's in a car. I pull over with my pack behind me in two more cars. I put my head on the wheel.

I step out and take in a breath. Were now in the secluded side of Miami surrounded with woods. I catch the familiar scent and shift, running towards it. I hear other feet hitting the ground which is not my pack because their behind me. The pattering of paws is coming from somewhere. I come to a halt and hear them coming closer. I look to the left and see my mate running towards me, seven to ten rouges behind her. I run and jump over her and attack the first one I see.

It takes us not but two minutes to finish them all. I see one leaning up against a tree, still breathing.

I grab him by the neck and pull him up.

"Who sent you?" I ask.

"Aiden," He caughes out.

"Your going to deliver a message, got it? In return you keep breathing," I threaten, tightening my hold. He nods frantically.

"If he wants to f*** with my mate, he's going to f*** with me. Tell him to stop hiding behind his weak, so called pack, and come face me. If he comes near her one more time, I'll send both of you an early ticket to hell, got it?" I growel, Adriel leaking through.

I drop him. After he catches his breath I note that he runs East. That means we head West.

-----One hour later-----

Taylor's POV:

I sit in Nick's car on the passengers side. My car looks like I just drag raced and lost. Dents, scratches, busted windows, Brett agreed to take it to his friends shop for me while were gone. Nick got my clothes out of the house. Luna had been in the back yard, untouched. Were heading to the airport, he wants me to buy tickets. Were head for Gilbert, Arizona, a city not far from Phoenix. Not far from the house we plan to rent is a lot of forest and mountains. Perfect for us. There is a pack in Arizona, The Blue Mountain pack I believe, but it's far from where were going and because were lone wolves, they should leave us alone if they catch us.

I've always favored citys. Large ones. But I love the country as well. I don't want to leave, I'm leaving a lot, but I have to. I hate it but Grant and Austin are heading for Texas. They left in their car after saying goodbye. I hate how their just... gone. But it' best were not in large groups. Brad and Sandy want to go with us, but they plan on heading to the other side of Arizona.

My heart breaks at all of this, but I don't exactly have any control at the moment. Dominic can't go into the Airport because he doesn't want to be seen. We don't know if Aiden turned him in or not, but he's afraid he did for some reason.

I step out of the car with a few thousand dollars in my purse for tickets. I don't want to know where the money came from, but I bet it's from a bank. I walk in the crowed place bumping shoulders with a few strangers. (Author's note: I've never been in an airport, let alone baught tickets. Flying's not my thing. So just try to go with it please?)

I walk up to the counter and tell the guy what I want.

"Why Arizona?" He askes.

"Something new I guess,"

He humms in responce and continues doing whatever it is to get my flight. He looks at me and then behind me. I don't dare turn around.

I open a pocket mirror, pretending to check my face. I look and see two men starring. Great.

"What did they tell you to do when you saw me?" I ask.

"How did you-"

"I'm an officer now just tell me," I snap at him quietly, putting my mirror back. I now how to pick these kind of things out, having plenty of experience.

"To let them know, he has a knife. I can get you an earlier flight, one that leaves in an hour, that is if you need it," He replys not looking at me as he speaks.

"Yes, thats fine just hurry,"

He reads off the total and I hand it to him in cash. His jaw hangs open at the amount.

"Don't ask," I say as I walk off with the tickets in hand. I walk up to the car beside Nick's window.

"Our flight leaves in an hour, you might want to hurry," I say.

"I told you to make it for-"

"Today. I know," I say interupting him, giving him the look to shut up and come on.