Chapter 28: This Is A Test

Dominic's POV:

I bang my fist on the table in frustration. I'm in a meeting with the Blue Mountain Pack. We've tried for a week to locate her, and nothing. The plan is perfect, aside from working out a few bugs, all we need to know is where she is!

Alpha Samuel has done all her can, and I'm greatful, but it's no enough. My pack got here not but a few days ago. Sandy seem's to have been effected the most. Aside from me, anyway.

Were sending 5 seprate packs of 6 tracking wolves each, with me in the lead of the first. Were searching all of Arizona. If it takes for us to search the nation, I'll do it.

-----Taylor's POV-----

It's been one week, and I've made a lot of progress. He let's me go outside as long as he can see me, the yard is fenced in of course. I've had a good look at the surroundings, but it's all forest. I can't pick up the scent of any packs at all. It's conserning that I'm not in Arizona anymore, but I'm not for sure.

I'm sitting on the porch reading, with Soren beside me of course, when he say's something that shocks me.

"I'll be back." The he gets up and leaves.

He's starting to let me stay outside alone, maybe just a few minutes, but it's still a big score. It's sad that I'm excited about this.

He comes back a few minutes later with nothing in hand. I don't care what he did, I'm just glad he trusted to leave me alone!

-----3 days later-----

It's ofically been 10 days. It's currently 8:27AM. I'm sitting in the living room waiting for Soren to get up, he's usually up by 8AM. I get bored and decide to go check. I walk to his room and softly knock.

"Soren?" No answer.

I peek in the door and see he's gone. Time to snoop. I walk in his room and glance around. I see a memorial flyer on his desk. I look at the title.

In loving memory of

Aiden Brooks

Father, Husband

Then at the bottom is his picture. Aiden is dead? How? I set it back down and continue to look around. I don't see anything interesting, so I go back down stairs. I go to the back door and look out the window because it's locked. I guess he went somewhere before I woke up. I've been homesick lately and I don't feel to good. Out of lost hope I walk to the front door and lean my head on it. I put my hand on the doornob and pull...

It opened.

I stare outside, my freedom not far from reach. He wouldn't make it this easy. I look at the dirt driveway and notice his tire tracks aren't fresh.

This is a test.

I stare out the door for a little longer, yearning to step out. I resist. I lock it from the outside, like Soren would usually do, and shut the door. I sigh and sit on the couch. I cross my legs and stare at my hands.

I feel tears silently fall down my face. I miss Dominic so much. I put my head in my hands and try to stop but I can't. I stand up to walk to my room but I suddenly feel dizzy. I catch myself on the arm rest of the couch. It feels like the room is spinning although I can still see perfectly fine.

I carefully make my way to my room. As soon as I lay down and get comfortable I hear the front door open. Perfect.

-----Dominic's POV-----

We've searched half of Arizona, my hope is begining to fade. Maybe he took her out of state, but if he did, I don't know how I'll ever find her. Were at the pack house preparing for another trip. Suddenly I get and idea.

I pull Taylor's phone from my pocket. When I came to get her car I found it in the cup holder. I look under the A's in her contact list. Sure enough I found Aria's number. I call it and she answers after a few rings.

(Bold is Aria. Regular print is Dominic)

"Hey Taylor"

"It's not Taylor, it's Dominic"

"Dominic? What-"

"Listen, I need your help..."